Like the looks of all of these
02 RD07a RWB, Powerbronze tall screen, Remus Grand Prix, TT crash bars, TT pannier frame, Zega style panniers, Alpos top box,TT bar risers, TT headlamp guard, Heated grips, mainstand, Heidenau K60s for road and light offroad, TKC80s for the dirty stuff, Scottoiler, Autocomm, TT Zumo mount, Zumo 550 and most of all A BIG GRIN !!! Oh, and a very nice RD04 HRC coloured Marathon Replica
Hmm, I like the red frame...
Is this just paint jobs or are there other tweaks on these special models?
Michel -- '92 R100GS PD -- Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!
I really like the f800 trophy
Mmmmm, Christmas is coming
Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Can someone remove this thread, Sharrie is looking and I know its going to cost me.
she just cant help it.
"Weisser Jagd Panzer" The white one
BMW SAFE HOUSE AND GARAGE SOUTH WALES
2012 BMW R1200GS Rallye Specs:
- body parts painted in Alpine white
- graphics in the BMW Motorrad Motorsports colours
- fork slider tubes lined in black
- hand protectors in white
- engine lined in black
- rear frame lined in Magma red
- swingarm (Paralever) lined in Asphalt grey metallic
- cylinder head covers in Granite grey metallic
- Enduro ESA
- all chrome exhaust system
- cross spoke wheels
- heated grips
- pannier holder
- onboard computer
- Type: Air/oil-cooled flat twin Boxer 4-stroke engine, two camshafts and four radially aligned valves per cylinder, central balancer shaft
- Bore x Stroke:101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1170 cc
- Rated output: 110 horsepower @ 7750 rpm
- Max. torque 88 ft. lbs. @ 6000 rpm
- Compression ratio 12.0:1
- Engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection / BMS-K+ digital engine management with overrun fuel cut-off, twin spark ignition
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 20 Liters
- Emission control Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Electrical system: Alternator three-phase alternator 720 W
- Clutch: Single dry plate clutch, hydraulically operated
- Transmission: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame:Two-section frame consisting of front and rear sections, load- bearing engine-gearbox unit
- Front suspension: BMW Motorrad Telelever; stanchion diameter 41 mm, central spring strut, spring preload with 5-position mechanical adjustment
- Rear suspension: Cast aluminium single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel: front / rear 190 mm / 200 mm (7.5 inches / 7.9 inches)
- Wheelbase: 1507 mm (59.3 inches)
- Seat height, unladen weight 850 / 870 mm (33.4 inches / 34.2 inches) (low seat 820 mm, lowered suspension 790 mm)
- Dry weight: 460 lbs.
- Castor: 101 mm (3.97 inches)
- Steering head angle: 64.3°
- Wheels: Cast aluminium wheels
- Rim front: 2.50 x 19"
- Rim rear: 4.00 x 17"
- Tires front: 110/80 R 19
- Tires: rear 150/70 R 17
2012 BMW R1200GS Rallye Review
- Brake front: Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 305 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Brake rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS Optional extra: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral), can switch off
Some say it's nothing but a tarted up standard GS with add ons from the OEM bling list, personally I think it would be a better choise than the Adv. if taking it off road.
As usuall, them Americans will buy them and start adding amongst other things, Adv. fueltanks slowly converting them to full spec Adv.
Last edited by Kjell Lindberg; 20-11-11 at 10:47 AM.
BMW Introduces G650GS Sertão | BMW Motorcycle Magazine
BMW is adding a more off-road oriented sister to their single-cylinder G650GS, named the G650GS Sertão. Portuguese for “wilderness,” the Sertão uses the same 652 cc liquid-cooled and counter-balanced single cylinder engine as the standard G650GS — producing 48 hp at 6500 rpm and 44 ft-lb of torque at 5000 rpm — but the chassis and accessories have been updated to provide more off-road ability without sacrificing on-road comfort.
The differences include longer travel springs and wire spoke wheels. Up front, the 41mm diameter forks now travel up to 8.3″ (up from 6.7″) with the rear swingarm capable of the same (8.3″ up from 6.5″). The 19″ cast alloy front rim has been replaced with a larger 21″ wire spoke rim with a narrower rear wire rim, 3.00 x 17″, than the 3.50 x 17″ alloy on the standard G650GS. The tubed tires are 90/90 R21 54S in front and 130/80 R17 65S in back.
The longer travel suspension gives the Sertão more ground clearance but also higher seat heights. The standard seat is now up 2.4″ to 33.9″ with a 35.4″ bench as an option.
The Sertão comes in Aura white/Arroyo blue color scheme with prominent “Sertão” lettering. Most of the engine and other components are painted black with a few Nürburg silver elements such as the alternator and clutch covers.
Several off-road ready accessories are standard on the Sertão including: aluminum engine guard, high windscreen, hand protectors, and extended front wheel mud guard. Dealer options include BMW Motorrad ABS which can be turned off (likely standard in the U.S.), heated grips, Vario saddlebags, topcase, tinted high windscreen, crash bars and the taller seat mentioned previously.
More images are available in our gallery BMW G650GS Sertão (2012): Press Release, Photo Gallery. Here is what BMW has to say in their own words:
BMW G650GS Sertão – the sporty BMW single cylinder enduro for offroad and everyday.
With its new BMW G650GS Sertão, BMW Motorrad has added a new, sporting chapter to the history of single cylinders in the BMW GS family. Whereas the G650GS thrilled riders with its lean, wiry offroad stature, the G650GS Sertão promises even more sporting characteristics, even greater offroad capabilities, and an even stronger desire for adventure. And all of this without any sacrifice to the established virtues of a BMW single cylinder endure such as everyday practicality, appealing price-performance ratio, and playful riding properties.
Chassis for greater offroad practicality, optimized touring properties, and dynamic design.
On the technical side, the new G650GS Sertão uses the established liquid cooled, high-torque single cylinder engine of the G650GS with two overhead camshafts, fuel injection, and double ignition. Its 652 cc displacement delivers (48 hp) at 6500 rpm and a max torque of 60 Nm [44 ft-lb] at 5000 rpm. Options include output reduction to 25 kW (34 hp) at 6500 rpm and 47 Nm [35 ft-lb] torque at 4500 rpm.
Whereas the G650GS chassis was developed primarily for country roads and light offroad use, the Sertão presents far greater offroad practicality in the form of longer spring travels and tighter tuning. In addition, it is fitted with wire spoke wheels.
Also the new color concept underscores the dynamic character of the single cylinder enduro.
The essential features of the new BMW G650GS Sertão at a glance:
- High-torque and low-consumption single cylinder engine with 652 cc displacement. Max torque of 60 Nm [44 ft-lb] at 5000 rpm and max output of 35 kW (48 hp) at 6500 rpm. Output reduction to 25 kW (34 hp) available.
- Offroad chassis concept with long spring travels (front/rear 210 mm).
- Wire spoke wheels with light alloy rims. Wheel sizes 21″ front and 17″ rear.
- Dynamic colour concept in Aura White / Arroyo Blue with Sertão lettering and seat in black/grey.
- Luggage carrier in black.
- Extended top front wheel cover.
- Two seat heights: 860 mm [33.9"] (standard) and 900 mm [35.4"] (special accessory).
- High windscreen.
- Hand protectors.
- Engine guard of aluminium.
- Disengageable BMW Motorrad ABS (option ex works).
- Extensive range of special accessories.