Honda XRV Forum banner

Having a lie down........

Tags
hed lie
8K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  Sharribee 
#1 ·
Hmm......seems my stalker has got bored and has taken to pushing my bike over in car parks whilst i'm not even on it! :(

Never mind its only paint and plastic!

It was never going to be unscathed weighing that much.!:(

#2 ·
Hmm......seems my stalker has got bored and has taken to pushing my bike over in car parks whilst i'm not even on it! :(

Stalker?! Sorry if its the first I've heard about it... :confused:

Blimey! I'd be screaming for blood, in your shoes: I admire your aplomb, unless you typed all that whilst humming and running a machete over a whetstone... with a twitching eyelid.... In which case I'd back away slowly....

What's the story? Someone seriously picking on your bike? Any chance of filming it over night?

#5 · (Edited)
lol!! :D

sorry for any confusion caused! my stalker is in my signature!!..... given the number of accidents I have narrowly not been party to of late.

I'm either a slippery customer.......or to an observer, some sort of fletch/lampoons type walking catastophy!! :D:D

My bike was parked on its centre stand on site on what I thought was hardcore. On closer inspection it was dust covered old chopped up tarmac they had put down as a temporary carpark surface. By mid afternoon it had the integrity of a sponge. A very black sticky sponge!! :(:(

Back on the ropes for now m'dear doing a spot of demolition instead of putting stuff up!!

Just gotta strip the cladding and take down the steel work behind it using the ropes! :(

and guess what?!? see that pit in the bottom of the picture?.......well there is one the other side just the same.....but it's full of steaming, stinking household waste!! I assure you that if anyone ever asks you to work in a household waste incinerator tipping hall, it would be worth your while politely turning them down!!! :D:(:puke::pale::pukeleft::pukeright:

#6 ·
lol!! :D

and guess what?!? see that pit in the bottom of the picture?.......well there is one the other side just the same.....but it's full of steaming, stinking household waste!! I assure you that if anyone ever asks you to work in a household waste incinerator tipping hall, it would be worth your while politely turning them down!!! :D:(:puke::pale::pukeleft::pukeright:

Yeti that sounds disgusting

#7 ·
Been there - done that , the sleeping bike thing , not the smelly rubbish , hanging from ropes thing !!.

My first Pan European decided to have a wee rest against a petrol pump, I think it decided 250 miles since it's last fill was enough !!! and just SLOOOOOOWLY lay down against the pump. OUCH !!!! (that was the sound my credit card made , paying for the broken plastics !)

#9 ·
Fortunately the bike didn't fall against anything so just floor damage and the RT's tend not to actually fall right over.....they just sort of lean a bit!! Just gouged cylinder head, plastic and paint, thankfully no cracks (that I've found yet!!)

Just realised today.....the pit I'm working over is full of building debris and water, and looks just like the waste compacter with the monster in from starwars!! :D:D don't want to be falling in there then!! :D:(

Its easy....just don't look past your feet! :thumbleft::D like walking along a kerb as long as you ignore everything beyond it!:blob5:

#11 ·
:D:D

and it does stink!! it's been quite warm this week!

Reminds me of an old guy I met in the pub once who was an old desert rat!!

He even still had his tobacco tin and lucifer box he'd made from shell casings with the monica on.

he told us young'ens some great stories!

'and did you know?!!' :rolleyes: moving in closer with a hand on my arm...... (the suspense tangible.!)

'...it weren't Germans.....it weren't heat.......it weren't even sand.....it wer fliiiiiiiies!!'

' it wer bloody flies made that place hell!'

:D:D

priceless

#12 ·
'...it weren't Germans.....it weren't heat.......it weren't even sand.....it wer fliiiiiiiies!!'

' it wer bloody flies made that place hell!'
oh be jeeeeeesus my head was BATTERED at work the last 2 days, covered in flies, constantly swatting them away they drive me round the bloody bend!!

Long live the spider! killer of the fly!!!!!

#14 ·
A scream is good it means you don't want to go splat!!

If however, you go splat then the interview is over.....you don't get the job.

:confused:

#19 ·
oh aye....barrel 'O' laughs working next to the 1 metre 'whirling blade of death' whizing round at 7000rpm. Sounds like a jumbo taking off when it starts up. They assure me that if the blade does come off 'which it never does' of course (plastic guard?!?!?!:(:confused:), I wouldn't feel a thing. :(

I assured them that if I dropped any steel or one of the sections of concrete they are cutting out they would almost certainly suffer incredible pain as they bled to death from what ever extremity it landed on, or fall to their death as it crashed through the scaffold. Suitable incentive for them to do their job as thoroughly as we are me thinks!:D:rolleyes:

#21 ·
As soon as I get my sh!t together! The Angola job has been put back but might end up in Dubai?? not sure?!

I am well peeved this eve....I absolutely positively without doubt had to be in today..............and guess what got done...............absolutely positively without doubt SQUAT BLOODY DIDDLY!!

After waiting for them to get set up, we then had to wait for them to go and get another trailer generator as the one they were using didn't work......and then we waited for them whilst they did all the cores and cuts............and then when they finally got to the vertical cuts to release the concrete blocks.............the drive belt on the saw breaks!! at 3 BLOOMIN 30!!!

They got one block released which we couldn't lift out because being sooooooooooooooooo inteligent they cut the one in the middle first!!

Ever tried lifting close to a tonne out of a gap with 3mm either side??? and a lifting hole that is not in the middle!!!! AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggggggggggghhhhhhh GIVE ME STRENGTH!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:(:(:(

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!

#29 ·
Nice to see some people still drink proper ale! :D

I'm partial to anything that 'puts 'airs ont chest lad', ecky thump eeee by gum! :rolleyes:

or a bit of this.....

or a nice christmas tipple.....as its just round the corner! :rolleyes::(

Sounds disgusting I know but I assure you it's mmmmmmmmm.:thumb:

or I can recommend a fruity little number......peach and melon.

and grapefruit or elderberry?

St Peters to your door? suits you sir!!

The bottles make rather nice candle stick holders too!.......or so I'm told... erm......cough cough.....girly nonsense.:rolleyes:
http://www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk/st...9&strParents=69&CAT_ID=86&numRecordPosition=1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.