Touratech distribution monopoly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Touratech distribution monopoly

Heimdall77 is offline Unus sed leo
    Thanks

Touratech distribution monopoly

Is it really legal for TT to monopolize their distribution system and block EU buyers from buying directly from Germany?
    I've been looking at the Tail rack bag for the AT which lists at €71.34 (~£59) at the German TT webshop but in the Swedish shop resells at SEK1195 (~114).
    It's almost double the price for the exact same item!
    And should I choose to be ripped off I'm pretty sure the item would ship from Germany anyway?
    Riding a black RD07 AT. (And as we all know, the black ones are the fastest )
    Mods: Remus Revolution Carbon exhaust, Facet fuel pump, SW Motech crashbars, MRA VarioScreen, Acerbis Rally 2 hand guards, Oxford heated grips, Motrax LED Tips indicators front, Motrax Arrow LED indicators rear, Motrax Flash It indicator relay, IMS-style footpegs, Touratech GPS bracket, Garmin Zumo 660 GPS, Aux power socket

2. Remove Advertisements
    XRV.org.uk
    Advertisements

Thunder is offline The Sultan of Bling
    Thanks

Re: Touratech distribution monopoly

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall77 View Post
    Is it really legal for TT to monopolize their distribution system and block EU buyers from buying directly from Germany?
    I've been looking at the Tail rack bag for the AT which lists at €71.34 (~£59) at the German TT webshop but in the Swedish shop resells at SEK1195 (~114).
    It's almost double the price for the exact same item!
    And should I choose to be ripped off I'm pretty sure the item would ship from Germany anyway?
    Been involved with complaints to the EU and local MEP's about TT policy in the UK and basically got nowhere as we were informed they were not doing anything wrong. So personally if I can't find anything else to do the job and have to buy from TT, I do it through a 3rd party and get the best price from Germany. Don't happen that often though.
    Insanity does not run in my family, rather, it strolls through, taking it's time, getting to know everyone personally!

1999 AT Insomnia
    1989 XRV 650 03 - The Chubby Cherub
    1997 R80 GS Kalahari Basic
    1988 R100 GS Bumblebee
    1984 R65
    1983 R100RS Cafe Racer
    1980 GS850G Suzi Q
    978 CB 400 F2 The Fab 4

sean is offline Captain unsensible.......
    Thanks

after hearing how legendary their poor service is, along with their p1ss taking prices and the fact that they sold Sharibee a bent bike - I would never buy ANYTHING from them.....

Caffrey - The greatest dog in the world.

Nickel Arse is offline Formally snaphappy
    Thanks

Have it shipped to me I could forward it on.
    I'm 4 hours from Fehmarn (Putgarten) if you need anything bigger order to mine, then collect.
    I can help with what ever fitting is needed and send the old back to yours to avoid import tax
    Last edited by Nickel Arse; 30-04-11 at 02:47 PM.
    Safehouse & Travellers Rest in the Fatherland (Warendorf) Key under the mat,

Silver Black Varadero SD02... Moya

Black Red Silver Africa Twin RD04...Synaptic

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickel Arse For This Useful Post:

Heimdall77 (06-05-11)

antti is offline Senior Member
    Thanks

Here at Nordic countries we are forced to buy from TT Sweden (Touratech Nordic) who order parts from Germany and take also about 20% share. It takes long time cos there two shipping to get their parts. Someones are pretty pissed about this and they have clamed to headquarters.

Also I don't like this way to make bussines as we are living in Eu where goods and people should move freely.
    `95 AT Rd07 Technoflex rear shock, Intiminators, Renthal fatbar, heated grips, Polisport guards, Ignitech, ABP header pipes, LeoVince Evo II, wide pegs, H&B racks, Därr boxes, TT tankbag, TT seat, TT headlight cover, bi xenon, SwMotech bars, Pro-Oiler, SuperSprox, aluparts here and there, scraches around. Knobbies.

G/S project bike.

EX:2xMonkey, Noppeli, PV, 3xTunturi, 2xXR80, 2xYZ80, KX80, TM125, WR125, Aprilia AF-1, DR350, R100, K100Rs, R80/7, R80Gs, Yamaha Quad 250, Speed Triple

davsato is offline yet another Dave
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antti View Post
    Here at Nordic countries we are forced to buy from TT Sweden (Touratech Nordic) who order parts from Germany and take also about 20% share. It takes long time cos there two shipping to get their parts. Someones are pretty pissed about this and they have clamed to headquarters.

Also I don't like this way to make bussines as we are living in Eu where goods and people should move freely.
    same here in the UK antti, a long running complaint with TT and the main reason many of us wont go near them. dont know how good your english is mate but find out what "taking the piss" means
    Dave

========================
    i always do a cost/laziness analysis, i only buy something if its too much hassle to make

j
    j is offline SHW'MAE BUTT
    Rhondda boy living in Bridgend SouthWales
    Thanks

Boyo's simply don't buy off them job sorted. We all know Touratech have bad service,
    I have found two companies who will supply lots of shinnies for your bikes, Rugged Roads, Wickford, Southampton Home - RUGGED ROADS - Honda BMW KTM Motorcycle Accessory and Sports touring In South Wales Sportouring Bike Accessories they are a Wunderlich dealer and they have better stuff than Touratech and if you go to the shop its cheaper. Wunderlich International
    Last edited by j; 30-04-11 at 07:47 PM.
    "Weisser Jagd Panzer" The white one

BMW SAFE HOUSE AND GARAGE SOUTH WALES

Sharribee is offline Matron
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    after hearing how legendary their poor service is, along with their p1ss taking prices and the fact that they sold Sharibee a bent bike - I would never buy ANYTHING from them.....
    Such a good post it needs to be repeated.

you said just what I was thinking

Boris is offline Wrinkled member
    Thanks

It really was a shocking state of affairs and indefensible. Touratech UK in Wales should be ashamed of themselves.
    I'm on the Safe House List

Only a motorcyclist truly understands why a dog puts its head out a moving car window

Paul-S is offline OVALTEENY !!!
    Thanks

Hein Gerricke do an almost identical tail bag for a fraction of the price

02 RD07a RWB, Powerbronze tall screen, Remus Grand Prix, TT crash bars, TT pannier frame, Zega style panniers, Alpos top box,TT bar risers, TT headlamp guard, Heated grips, mainstand, Heidenau K60s for road and light offroad, TKC80s for the dirty stuff, Scottoiler, Autocomm, TT Zumo mount, Zumo 550 and most of all A BIG GRIN !!! Oh, and a very nice RD04 HRC coloured Marathon Replica

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast