Vilkatas is offline Member
    Thanks

Re: Transalp 600 rally upgrades

Thanks mate

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Finally done full service on a bike replaced all cables as clutch cable was pretty much seized, new wheel bearings, spark plugs, filters, oil, brake pads ( soon will have to service calipers too , but not enough time before touratech event in wales) new chain and sprockets on front used -1 tooth should feel better for offroad , fitted new Leo Vice exhaust just left to make bracket to hold can, it sounds awesome, you cant beat v twin sound. Found tiny crack on motor left side case, it was welded before but not very well, luckily got mate professional welder. What do you think on tire setup i have used front tkc 80 and rear mitas e09? Just left to insure it and take it for a spin. After wales will started planing what to do with suspension, didn't decided yet. Oh yes was wondering about central stand, it was seized when i bought bike was able to move it down only using hammer and wd40 looks like someone been knocking on it, was thinking maybe i should to cut it off for that little bit extra ground clearance, but sometimes its handy, probably with some effort could make it loose again. What do you think should I keep it?

5. Remove Advertisements
    XRV.org.uk
    Advertisements

dole555 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

Hi Vilkatas,

Where did you get the -1 (14) front sprocket from? Can you give me a link please? As i can't find one.

Regarding tires, i've run a rear Mitas e09 120/90 for about 5.000km (3.000miles) and it's looking like it's got max. 1.000 more in it. Done about 30% offroad.
    But it's so good that i already ordered another. Going to try the Dakar version, and going with 130/80, maybe that one lasts longer.

Regarding suspension, i'm also undecided on what to do. It seems like the simpler option would be an RD03(AT650) swap. Front forks, tripples, wheel and brake, and rear swingarm and shock. I initially wanted to go with an XR front end, but that needs messing with springs and such to adapt to the TA's weight.

And for the center-stand, you could take it off for ground clearance and look into fabricating something like this to replace it:
    RD04 Right Hand Stand

Thanks

here is the link for mine with 6splines, if you need type in your bike year in search and you can get sprockets with 13 splines too for models from year 89+ models

Honda XL 600 VH/VJ Transalp 87-88 Sprocket Front Less 1 Tooth - JT (Check Chain Length) Parts at Wemoto - The UK's No.1 On-Line Motorcycle Parts Retailer

well will see how it goes with tires will try to use bike more for offroad use, as got BMW F800GS for daily road use (too expensive to drop already tried )

jamie92 said he sorted all KTM front quite cheap, so will start keeping an eye on the brakers maybe will get lucky and in rear he used AT swingarm and shock.

Well will try to cut central stand off for now, maybe even fabricate something lighter using less space.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2