Just now returned from ride to Belgium (ferry from Riga to Lubeck, by bike to Groningen, Amsterdam, Brussels, Kiel, ferry to Klaipeda) and now I have question about some bike specific traffic regulations in Europe:
1) police tolerance about speeding;
2) traffic jams - do bikes have to stand with cars?
3) parking. is it ok to park bikes on pavements?
I'll tell about Latvia:
1) +20 km/h for bikes almost always is ok.
2) if there is not continuous road marking line on road, it is not illegal to drive between lines in traffic jams. also in other "not standing in traffic jams" cases police is quite tolerant, except for crossing double line.
3) from this year - yes
The question came in my mind when we almost had problems with German police for not standing in traffic jam. In Belgium seems that everything is ok
Sorry for my English