Ireland

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ireland

tonythesaint is offline Large Member
    Thanks

Ireland

Hi,
    Just decided to take a weeks holiday as of this Wednesday and me and the better half fancy nipping over to Ireland Wednesday morning for 6 days on the TA, we are going by ferry via Rosslare, we are then heading down to the SW as we hear Kerry/bantry bay is nice, haven't been before so if anyone has any good places to stay or visit that you would recomend please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Tony.
    07 TA 650 Heated grips,Scottoiler, Remus end can,Tomtom rider 2nd ed, Givi engine bars & PL167 racks with cruiser panniers & a 57 XLV125-V7 Varadero to keep it company !

2. Remove Advertisements
    XRV.org.uk
    Advertisements

FatFergie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Ireland

Hi Tony.
    I hope the weather stays good for your trip.
    I also hope I'm not too late....
    I live in the south and my parents live in west Cork so I generally don't have to look for accommodation when I'm in the area and can't give you any specific recommendations. There's a wide range available from camping to nice hotels. What sort do you need? It's fairly expensive but B&Bs are generally good value for single night stays.
    The west Cork and south Kerry area are ideal for bikes but bear in mind that travelling speeds are lower here than in the UK. 65 kph is a realistic average speed and maybe think about stopping somewhere on the way here or on the way back, or both.
    I love all the peninsulas, the five fingers from Mizen to Dingle ("Daingeann" on signposts to confuse tourists), my favourite being Beara, Iveragh the one I know least well, I've tended to avoid it because it's more touristed than the others. PM me if you'd like more specific roads to ride otherwise just get happily lost. Keep your tank topped up because some areas are a bit low on fuel stations that stay open!
    One last thing is that the road from Macroom to Ballymakeera (main road from Cork to Kerry) is closed for the next few weeks.

+ Reply to Thread