Honda XRV Forum banner
1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  obelix1664 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,i have recently bought a varadero 1000 2006 model in red,white and blue and i`m loving it.I would like to change the exhaust system for something a little less restrictive and with a nicer sound but my hand book says the system has catalytic converter fitted.Can i fit a different system without it damaging the bike?

Thank you.
Kevin

#4 ·
I've got a leo Vince set of cans on my 2000 modol( came off a injection model)alloy cans with stainless? Link pipes.
Much lighter than stock so helps with balance as the are mounted high on these bikes.
Good quality.
Has a nice dirty noise like a ducatti.sounds like a v train now.
Theses come up sometimes new on ebay about £300.

#5 ·
Hi Kevie, I put a pair of Scorpion Titanium exhausts on my 2013 Varadero the back end of last year. I've got to say I couldn't fault the service from Scorpion and the quality of the cans and downpipes. They are easy to fit and sound nice and throaty. I tried them with baffles out and I must say it wouldn't be fair to the neighbors as their bedroom window is pretty much alongside my garage, especially going to work at 5am.... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.