I purchased a new Varadero on June 2011. On inspection it was made in Italy.
Since then I have completed 3000 miles
I have been experiencing general poor build quality something which I thought I would avoided from purchasing a Honda.
- Rust forming on areas of the frame. Parts of the powder coating flaking off.
- Rust stains streaking down fuel tank brackets, corrosion from behind brackets.
- Headlamp condensation.
- Several plated Fasteners rusting.
- Rubber grommets cracking.
- Ignition barrel sticking.
- Storage bin locking not working.
- Odometer failing intermittently.
- Sheathed wiring rubbing away paint on inside area of fuel tank.
- Some of the wiring connections over-sheathing exposed at terminals
Many but not all of the problems have been sorted out under warranty at my local dealership. If be it a bit of a fight.
The above faults are not huge on an individual basis but are many small problems with the potential of really getting out of hand in the near future. Not to mention very annoying after buying a Honda for the first time purely on the basis of quality.
I have done some research and found that they changed the building of the Varadero from Spain to Italy. I am wondering if there is any teething problems with Quality control with the new factory in Italy.
Is anyone else experiencing this sort quality problems with their new Varadero, especially Italian made ones.