Honda XRV Forum banner
2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  cb1300rider 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone

I am thinking of parting company with my Varadero.

11 reg plate

Current mileage 12351

It does have full service history. The last service being carried out at 9369 - March 2015..

Chain and sprockets / brake pads / tyres are fine with plenty of life in them.

MOT until 16/6/16

Extras fitted, full honda colour matched luggage, honda heated grips, centre stand, rear hugger, comfort seat, touring screen and bracket, crash bars,after market scorpion cans.

Been offered a figure for the bike on a part ex, when I detailed to the sales guy what extra were on the bike his price went up by a mighty £100

If I were thinking of selling, any thoughts on how much private or part ex price should be?

**I HAVE JUST SUBSCRIBED TO THE FORUM BY THE WAY, THIS IS NOT A CHEEKY SALES POST, THOUGH DEPENDING ON FEED BACK AND TEST RIDE OF NEXT BIKE SHE COULD BE FOR SALE. LITERALLY JUST PROCESSED THE PAYPAL PAYMENT FOR 1 YEARS SUBSCRIPTION**

See less See more
#3 ·
as far as I am aware the only extras available for a varadero 125 are skate board rack no fear stickers rim tape mini indicators carbon fiber look tank pad and tax disc holder :lol:

it sounds lovely very little miles and nice extras I wouldn't have a clue of prices to be honest . what colour is it ? some people will only buy something if its in the colour they want it in . I am like that to a certain degree . on a trade in they will offer less than a private buyer will be willing to pay I would imagine they only think in term of figures . if guy smiley knew his shit he would have told you the offer was made with the extras taken into account . go in to him with a bare varadero 1000 and look for a price for all those extras and have them fitted probably be £ 300 alone for labour and over £ 2000 for the parts ? if you can manage to get good quality detailed photos of the bike loaded up hear it might temp somebody :thumbup: any harm to ask what are you thinking of buying a cross tourer or a 2016 Africa twin maybe ?

#5 · (Edited)
Hi there
Yep still on original chain and sprockets, loads of life left.
Tyres were changed at last service, so lots of life in them too.
Just to clarify the bike is the 1000cc version of the Varadero, not the 125

To be honest, I am questioning now whether or not I am doing the right thing by considering getting rid.
Test rode a Yamaha Tenere 1200 today, not impresssed at all. Got back on the Varadero to ride home and though, hhhhhhmmmmmmmm alter on this what I dont like (brakes and suspension) and keep her.
Though the other half is looking at chopping her F700GS in for a Tiger 800. Might try the 1200 Explorer.
So far tested the R1200GS and did not like that at all. A couple of chaps on another forum i am on switched from their current rides to Super Teneres and loved them - after todays ride thats not for me either.

So still up in the air with what I am thinking, to get rid or not .. . . . . .though interested to know what to expect if I do swap, whether sell private or part chop.

Cheers for now

Simon

**** Ref alias message - to be honest, after a not too great experience with my local Honda dealer, on principle at the moment not considering the Hondas. In fairness the Cross tourer doesnt do it for me on looks, as for the Africa twin . . . .food for thought

#7 ·
myself if I had a varadero 1000 2011 reg with all them extras and so little mileage done I would be keeping it even if it wasn't black . I wouldn't even consider anything else in that class and I wouldn't consider any other class apart from a Transalp 600/650 for solo work and short hops . to me if a bloke had a varadero 1000 with a full set of cases to go anywhere in the world his budget and time will allow and a Transalp 600/650 for tipping around on he would be completely sorted for bikes but I might be biased I am a Honda dual sport freak even though in all reality I consider a varadero 1000 a hard road luxury touring bike . all he would need to do is ride clean and maintain them and not even have to think about buying or selling . I have read of several people who got fed up with BMW r1200gs being unreliable and bought varadero 1000 and love them to bits and people buying 1200 super tenare and being disappointed with them . I do like the triumph's but to be honest I would like them from a distance I would just have more faith in the well proven Varadero 1000 and anyway I love their looks . it don't get any better I wouldn't even have a new Africa twin over a Varaerdo that might sound strange to some people but I think they look a bit weedy in comparison then again there is the price tag to consider twice the price for half the bike :lol:

#8 · (Edited)
I have a 2008 Varadero with 20k on the clock, I have looked at all sorts but the varadero always puts a smile on my face, is comfortable for all day riding, has taken me over the Alps, Dolomites, Tyrol. I love it, and can't think of anything else that would suit me better. Btw I have a TTR600 for short trips and gentle trail riding......sorted:thumbright::thumbright::

Servicing on the varadero is easy and cheap also!

#9 ·
Hello ....................Sorry to revive a year old thread.

Jan 16 i was thinking of part ex-ing the Varadero, 18 months later thinking about it. Been looking at Versys 1000, Gs1200 (air cooled).........long and short of it is I have decided I dont want the Varadero. Change of job meant I no longer use the bike every day. When i was riding daily, the weight / size didint bother me. Now I ride as and when I am starting to notice the weight and size of her a lot more.

So with a heavy heart, and nearly 18 months contemplating, my Varadero is for sale.

See first post above, all still applies, mileage now just ticked over 15000 couple of days ago.

£4750 ovno
Bike is in Derby

Any serious interest please get in touch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.