Thought it was simply a dead battery last week - and it was, as tested and the fact that it boiled way when the bike ran - fitted new battery but charge over terminals when bike running was 13.4v - not enough to charge battery - took it out for a long ride tonight and lo and behold, boiling hot...
Cos I tested mine today with new battery.
Battery sits there - 12.4v
bike running at 5k - 13.4v (lights on)
I had run the bike for a good 10 mile trip home and the re/reg was barely touchable!
Too hot? On its way out? Normal? Fit a pc fan?
Just a quickie.
When your AT (RD03 specifically) is running, how hot does the rec/reg get??
I've never had any reason to check mine, but I was surprised that it was just a bit too hot to hold my hand on (the heatsink part) when the bike was running, but had no lights or anything...