Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case you haven't seen it, the Dommie is featured in the Used Bike Chooser section of the March 2014 issue of Bike magazine.

A bit garbled though: on the one hand it praises the "solid engine" then suggests that "the major worry on a Dommie is the motor..."

Don't buy Bike just for this feature, it's really just a paragraph. Read it in the newsagent's shop, page 104 if you're interested.:D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Any Dommie at that price would be useful as a parts bike, its a pity I live so far away otherwise I would have had it in a heartbeat.:clown::clown::clown:

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
A bit garbled though: on the one hand it praises the "solid engine" then suggests that "the major worry on a Dommie is the motor..."
That is a bit vague, yes. :mrgreen:

I can see what they're getting at though. When treated well the dommie lump will keep going a long time. And therein lies the rub, lots of them haven't been and it's hard to verify from the outside...

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
Everything can be fixed, eventually it's just a matter of how many parts you want to replace. Though you do run into "Grandfather's Axe" at some point. ;-)

·
Registered
485 Posts
if I saw a complete Dommie for sale I would buy it
remember the old adage" buy land they don't make it anymore"

same rule applies for dommies :thumbup:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Id buy if I could get it in the garage but ive moved house and the garage isnt organised yet looks like a bomb went off only room is a small path to my Dommie but ite gotta be worth £500 to sit as a parts donor or future project, but it would be nice to have another one to play with

1 - 7 of 7 Posts