Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Honda crf 250 x mods biggest bang for your buck ...

open air box (check out c.c.c rick ramsey for pic)( C.c.c closed course competition mods )
Rejet honda crf 250 x they come woefully under jetted very lean, you will get a big improvement (allowing the engine to breath better) in air box and jetting ,to accompany this a twin air filter and an after market end can will not only lose weight but gain performance ..these are the cheapest mods..If you are hitting the rev limiter there is a pink wire on the l/h/s i think in a block remove it and you will gain a higher rev range same as crf R......if you are weight concious a lithium battery is a quick and effective change and as long as the bike is not left in the serious cold will out perform a lead acid in cranking effort.. there are more mods but these will give you the best bang for your buck most dont cost anything shopping around for an end can or a full system too will make for a better price dont be put off by a used item most people only green lane so things are normally in good condition ...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have since changed the ignition to a multiple mapping type ,i have increased the radiator size and the water pump too ,changed the radiator cap to a 1.8 instead of a 1.1 ,hoping this will manage the heat a little better ..my bike never really has over heated but i have noticed on the hot days when pushed the heat can go up quite a lot specially in the slower stuff so i figure better to be safe !! The only new items were the pump and cap everything else was bought used ..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Due to the seriously HOT weather i have since purchased an oil cooler and have yet again increased radiator size.Now i need to to find a way of keeping the air conditioning on in my crash helmet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts