Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The net closes in.

I understand there were a couple of issues round the fuel pump and the EWS ring antenna (whatever that is) on the 07 (and earlier) 1200 and these could prove expensive if the bike is out of warranty (not as much as a final drive though :hitler: ). Apparently these have been redesigned for the 08 model but how do I know if I am looking at an 08 bike or an 07 bike that has sat around before registering.

In short. Is there a model year stamp or sticker somewhere on the bike?

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Oh just go and buy one.You are making my head hurt every time i read your posts:rolleyes::D:D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you lend me 9K ?

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Oh just go and buy one.You are making my head hurt every time i read your posts:rolleyes::D:D

He cann't just buy one, He's from Scotland :cool:

Tighter than a nats chuff them scots :D:D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I don't know. We gave you the win on Saturday.
Only because the Welsh said if they win they would buy the drinks for everyone.:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
The net closes in.

I understand there were a couple of issues round the fuel pump and the EWS ring antenna (whatever that is) on the 07 (and earlier) 1200 and these could prove expensive if the bike is out of warranty (not as much as a final drive though :hitler: ). Apparently these have been redesigned for the 08 model but how do I know if I am looking at an 08 bike or an 07 bike that has sat around before registering.

In short. Is there a model year stamp or sticker somewhere on the bike?

There has been a recall on most GSA's so most have been changed under Warranty. If you want one take it foe a 3 hr ride and you will buy one. They are mile munchers and excellent rides. I'am on my second MOM is on his 4th and he was always into sports bikes.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
What like the Honda he's got now wich never comes out of the garage:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D
If your chilli tastes like powdered glass next week..........................

Needs something to polish.
There's absolutely no chance no chance of you ever appearing in my will :D:D

To get this thread back on topic, both those faults should have been dealt with. The EWS would have been replaced under warranty, if the FPC was going to go it would have done so by now. It's an easy job anyway and can be done in less than half an hour. I think a replacement costs about £40. A lot of people I know actually carry spares. Go onto UKgsers and search for FPC.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks All.
I went into the nearest BMW dealer and had a sit on both bikes. I didn't take them out as it's really icy up here today but looking at the bikes and the typical specs the GSA is probably the one to go for. I wouldn't describe either as bonny but the GSA is somehow just looks a bit more together.

These option packs they have are a bit of a pain as you seem to end up with things you don't want or need just to get something you do want.

They have offered me rides on both so if the weather picks the tail end of next week when I get home I'll take them out up on the offer.

Price wise there seems to be quite a dealer premium (over other marques) compared to what's available on the private market but I suppose that's part of the BMW experience :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts