Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sat on a new 08 Varadero today mine is a 99 model. The new bike seem a bit higher (seat height) than mine and the suspension seemed firmer. The seat however felt absolutly terrirble compared to my bike if felt like somebody cut a peice of 8 X 4 ply down covered it in plastic and called it a seat.
Has anybody else done a comparrision between the newer model's and the older one's, if so what's your view on the newer ones?

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Never tried a newer TA but steer well clear from test rides as a matter of principle: Scared I might think my beloved is substandard and want something I can't afford so don't do it.

I love my bike.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never tried a newer TA but steer well clear from test rides as a matter of principle: Scared I might think my beloved is substandard and want something I can't afford so don't do it.

I love my bike.
Very rarely take any notice of ride reports in magazines. Got feb up listening to journo's who passed there rest 18mths ago telling me how wonderful every sportsbike is and that everything else has substandard handling, suspension and grip. But i do understand where your coming from. I do however subscribe to ride magazine

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
You might just be experiencing the difference between an 9-year-old bike and a brand new one! Maybe back in 1999 your bike sat higher and the seat was firmer. The seat would soften up after a few thousand miles, and the springs will sag eventually.

Or maybe they've really firmed everything up! :confused:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You might just be experiencing the difference between an 9-year-old bike and a brand new one! Maybe back in 1999 your bike sat higher and the seat was firmer. The seat would soften up after a few thousand miles, and the springs will sag eventually.

Or maybe they've really firmed everything up! :confused:
No i don't think so, my bike had a new rear sock bushes and linkages less than 5k miles ago, the seat is a completly different shape to my varadero, the shape relates closer to my xr it's nothing like my model. Buy i do acknoledge what you mean about the miles the bikes covered moulding the seat to the shape of my ass

·
Registered
344 Posts
No i don't think so, my bike had a new rear sock bushes and linkages less than 5k miles ago, the seat is a completly different shape to my varadero, the shape relates closer to my xr it's nothing like my model. Buy i do acknoledge what you mean about the miles the bikes covered moulding the seat to the shape of my ass
The seat contour is changed on SD03 and I think the handlebar has less rise in it.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts