Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Managed to spill liquid superglue which has run down the front sprocket cover of my 2009 varadero - anyone have a paint match for it?
Thanks
David

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hi
Managed to spill liquid superglue which has run down the front sprocket cover of my 2009 varadero - anyone have a paint match for it?
Thanks
David
Why does it need painting? could you not use a thinners to remove the superglue??

G

·
0 Posts
Hi
Thanks
David

Ask your Mrs if you can have some nail varnish remover ( acetone). What ever you use, try it on a hidden area first to see if it does anything parculiar to the finish.

Hope this is of help
Josh

·
Registered
285 Posts
Jeezus David, the way your going mine will be more inmmaculate by May than your 09er....

Cheers

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why does it need painting? could you not use a thinners to remove the superglue??
Ask your Mrs if you can have some nail varnish remover ( acetone). What ever you use, try it on a hidden area first to see if it does anything parculiar to the finish.

Hope this is of help
Josh
Will give this a try but I'm not hopeful - it's industrial superglue and I think it has eaten through the paint!

Jeezus David, the way your going mine will be more inmmaculate by May than your 09er....

Cheers
Quite possibly!!!!! :sad:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Never mind mate, done similar many yrs ago, was fitting Datatag senders to an @T and while putting one in the petrol tank dropped epoxy resin on the tank! :confused:
At least it did come off with acetone! Better luck next time! :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts