Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone , recently i've changed the oil in my TA and i found at a good price MOL 10W50 full-synthetic. I know that the manual says 10w40 , but 10w50 can deal with higher temperatures better. What do you think , did i've just made a mistake using 10w50 ?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
If it is suitable for motorcycles then it is fine.
I think nowadays most oils are able to protect the engine the only question is the oils life in use. The TA has a very lazy engine compared to sports bikes so it should be OK.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Well, i'll change it at 4000 - 4500km . I hope i won't damage my engine.
No it won't damage your engine, the main thing is its a 10W oil.
With an oil of that quality you will be waisting your money taking it out at 4000 - 4500 kilo. for me it would complete the full service distance of 8,000 miles or 12800 kilo.

By todays standards the transalp has a low reving engine and the oil is not being distroyed by some multi cylinder engine that can rev twice as high.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it won't damage your engine, the main thing is its a 10W oil.
With an oil of that quality you will be waisting your money taking it out at 4000 - 4500 kilo. for me it would complete the full service distance of 8,000 miles or 12800 kilo.

By todays standards the transalp has a low reving engine and the oil is not being distroyed by some multi cylinder engine that can rev twice as high.
Thanks , i was thinking that 10w50 is too thin and the engine doesn't get a proper lubrication

1 - 5 of 5 Posts