Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I bought this set of ebay: 12v Waterproof Accessory Cigarette Power Socket & Loom on eBay (end time 23-Aug-10 19:27:02 BST)

It goes directly on the battery just connected it and it works. Now next question will the small dominator battery be able to pull this if i for example hook up my phone or a GPS. Since i couldnt find any info on how much power the bikes generates and how much it uses on its own.

My dommie has a 12V 8AH 80A Varta battery

And anyone has a picture of a 12 socket on a dominator? cant really find a good spot to mount it.

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
Phone or GPS shouldn't be a problem, they hardly use anything.

I seem to recall the dommie generator putting out something like 180W but don't quote me on that. ;-)

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
It'll be fine, you could even run a pump off it, just leave the engine running when you use it for bigger appliances.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've fitted a 12v socket to mine as well, a different one than you've got though.

Looks like you'll need mount option C to fit it like mine. I'll take a photo tonight.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hey,

I bought this set of ebay: 12v Waterproof Accessory Cigarette Power Socket & Loom on eBay (end time 23-Aug-10 19:27:02 BST)

It goes directly on the battery just connected it and it works. Now next question will the small dominator battery be able to pull this if i for example hook up my phone or a GPS. Since i couldnt find any info on how much power the bikes generates and how much it uses on its own.

My dommie has a 12V 8AH 80A Varta battery

And anyone has a picture of a 12 socket on a dominator? cant really find a good spot to mount it.
If it's any use to you i use a Tomtom 510 and that draws a maximum 2000mA and is 5Vdc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts