Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am riding an 18 year old 650 Africa Twin. Had it at Allins in Cambridge to replace the rear tyre. According to German regulations only a 130/90 - 17is listed (had a trailwing 48 on before, which was accetpted too.). Allins fitted a completely different tyre, without notifying me about it at the time of collection. Later on when I detected it they claimed that the one I have ordered is not available in the UK, and the 130/80-17 was recommended by Bridgestone - both wrong. I found he street version of the 130/90-17, could someone help me to find out where I can order the trail version ?
Service at Allins was quite bad. The whole bike started shaking on the A14 after collection - the tyre pressure of the rear tyre was 19! the chain was hanging through quite badly. Asked them 3 times to fix the chain (do not have a mian stand on the bike) - three times they declined and postponed it. Also they refuse to reimburse me for the tyre they have wrongly fitted. Just reported them to trading standards. Could someone recommend a good motobike shop in or around Cambridge that would deal with an old Africa Twin ?
Many thanks
Petra

1 - 1 of 1 Posts