Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My living room to be precise!!!!!

My daughters 13th birthday, and she has invited 14 of her friends to sleep over.

You have never, and I mean never, ever, in your life, heard anything like the noise that is eminating from that room right now!!!!!

They basically took over my house at 5pm, got ''partied up'', went for their meal and bit of a do, rolled back here at 10pm so I calculated by now they'd be whacked and peace and quiet would be restored. Not a bit of it.

It's 1.20am. I've just put the kettle on and got the cups out for the police and noise abaitment officers, who's call I'm expecting any minute now.

Wonder if they take milk and sugar?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I was sparko.

Unfortunately the insomnia bug crept in about 3.15am. I gave up fighting it at 4.40. Have made onion bread, washed up, fiddled with the settings on my new Blackberry and am now doing a quick story for work.

Off to the Working Bee this morning, unless the sleep bug gets me and I go back to bed.

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
My living room to be precise!!!!!

My daughters 13th birthday, and she has invited 14 of her friends to sleep over.

You have never, and I mean never, ever, in your life, heard anything like the noise that is eminating from that room right now!!!!!

They basically took over my house at 5pm, got ''partied up'', went for their meal and bit of a do, rolled back here at 10pm so I calculated by now they'd be whacked and peace and quiet would be restored. Not a bit of it.

It's 1.20am. I've just put the kettle on and got the cups out for the police and noise abaitment officers, who's call I'm expecting any minute now.

Wonder if they take milk and sugar?

you should have told me, I'd have sent you mine, 3 more or less, you'd never have noticed & at least one of us would have had a good sleep...:D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I thought that only happened in nightmares.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you should have told me, I'd have sent you mine, 3 more or less, you'd never have noticed & at least one of us would have had a good sleep...:D
:D:D:D:D:D

They finally quietened down around 5am and got up at 6 !!!

I'll give them one thing though. They can bloody eat !!!!!!! 14 big fryups at 6am plus a veggie brekkie.

Course, there were 15 families, including us, who had to suffer the wrath of a sleep deprived, hormonally deranged teenager, throughout today.

Not pretty, as some of you know only too well :D

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought that only happened in nightmares.
True. So true.

At 3am they decided they wanted to watch horror movies.

Course it didnt help that I cut the electricity then barged into the room covered in fake blood swinging a large axe above my head.

My ear drums are permanently damaged from that one. :D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
True. So true.

At 3am they decided they wanted to watch horror movies.

Course it didnt help that I cut the electricity then barged into the room covered in fake blood swinging a large axe above my head.

My ear drums are permanently damaged from that one. :D
Will you ever learn?

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,081 Posts
My stepdaughter had a 15th a bit like that. I told her that I wanted the place QT at midnight. At 1am I went down stairs and had a quiet word with her in the kitchen about "responsibility" and left it at that with a 15 min time limit.

At 2am I went downstairs and told her in front of her mates to shut up as I wanted to sleep.

At 3am I went downstairs and let 'em have it with both barrels and then some. Threatened to kick them all out and that I would be happy to explain to their parents why etc etc etc. Many threats were made and I don't think that I have ever had such silence.

Having said that they got the message.

Stepdaughters boyfriend is still scared of me!

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today on the other hand was a completely different story.

The youngest's 10th birthday. 34 people invited - 30 attended.

Held in a Gymnasium.

Create havoc.

Cause hellish mess and chaos.

Noise levels 135dbs.

5pm - walk away - :iconbiggrin::iconbiggrin::iconbiggrin::iconbiggrin::iconbiggrin:

That's more like it :iconbiggrin:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Stepdaughters boyfriend is still scared of me!

when my Daughter starts bringing boys home. I 'am inviting Chad, Vader and Philw down for a boys night out with him in attendance.:D:D

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
when my Daughter starts bringing boys home. I 'am inviting Chad, Vader and Philw down for a boys night out with him in attendance.:D:D
thats the worst idea in the world - what if she were to take a shine to chad or even worse pete.......

could you see him as the "son in law"???????

:hitler::hitler::hitler::hitler::hitler::hitler::hitler:

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,081 Posts

Reminds me of a chap I knew who worked for Boeing.

He was a Texan through and through, cowboy boots morning noon and night, denim shirt and tight jeans. Despite this he was one of their top comms lads and they were in the UK using our office as a base to check satellite frequencies/ranges/area footprints etc.

His daughter had recently turned 18 and one evening proudly pronounced she had a date. (She was uber fit from the pics he showed me)

Anyway, said date turns up at Toms ranch in old american V8 muscle car (daddies) and goes to see Tom who is in the back yard (perspective here - he lived in the middle of nowhere)

Without turning, raising the rifle he held to his shoulder he asked a series of questions punctuated with what I was told were accurate shots to the line of cans down the "yard"

You wanna take my daughter where?

In what are you taking her?

Can you tell the time?

She'd better be home before ten, untouched or the next shot (he had stopped) has your name on it.

Apparently, date went well, but daughter couldn't understand why date didn't want a snog!

Funnily enough, it may well be bolox but it made me laugh!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts