Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I have a question;

I run the 17t front sprocket from JT on my RD04, however, JT does not make the rubberized version of the 17t sprocket (JTF314) which id like to have, they only make the bare 17t version.

However - Rugged roads sells the 17t rubberized OEM honda sprocket (23801MBA000) as a fit for the rd04/07, but CMSNL has it listed as a sprocket for the VT Shadow - XRV is not listed anywhere.

Since the OEM one is pretty expensive .. JT also has a replacement for the forementioned OEM part which is rubberized, but again - only listed for the Shadow, not for the AT, like rugged roads OEM one.

Dimensions / specs look pretty much the same on the schematics as far as I can see.

I did find an older post on this forums where someone fitted this Shadow sprocket successfully, but nothing else online.

So to sum it up - Can someone confirm these two sprockets are basically the same thing and that it is safe to fit the 23801MBA000 / JTF1372RB option to the AT?

JT Sprockets: Catalogue
JT Sprockets: Catalogue

cheers,
jaka

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, now I have spotted the difference between the shadow sprocket and the AT sprocket .. Although they look the same, the teeth from the shadow sprocket have offset. Also found some further discussions on this forum how this could affect wear and misalign the chain - which makes sense, if the teeth are positioned differently than stock.
JTF1372.png JTF314.png

I do not know however how do Rugged Roads sell the shadow sprocket as a fit in this case?

It seems I will have to go for the bare 17t JT sprocket again - no rubber, since it only exists in the 16t version.

If anyone has additional info on this topic, i would be glad to hear from you!

jaka

1 - 2 of 2 Posts