Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My bike is a XR125,and I have just got hold of a 1976 TL125S for restoration.The TL came with a SL engine but unfortunatly the cylinder head is damaged beyond repair. I think the best and cheapest (I am retiried) option is to fit an engine,loom,indicators,lights etc from a CG125. Has anyone done this? Will any CG engine fit? Has anyone got a suitable engine for sale? ANY help will be welcome. THANKS. JOHN

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Hi. My bike is a XR125,and I have just got hold of a 1976 TL125S for restoration.The TL came with a SL engine but unfortunatly the cylinder head is damaged beyond repair. I think the best and cheapest (I am retiried) option is to fit an engine,loom,indicators,lights etc from a CG125. Has anyone done this? Will any CG engine fit? Has anyone got a suitable engine for sale? ANY help will be welcome. THANKS. JOHN

I might be wrong but isn't the TL ohc and the CG ohv :dontknow:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 1976 tl125s

Hi. Yes you are right about TL being OHC ,but I have been told that the engine mounts on both engines are the same,and that the CG engine should drop straight in. I just wondered if there were any snags to this transplant. Thanks JOHN

1 - 3 of 3 Posts