Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading the advice it seems carrying a spare Cdi is a good idea. Can anyone recommend where to get them? I see a few on eBay that have the side stand switch option which my 87 doesn’t have, will they work?
Also is there any benefit in buying some I’ve seen on a German site that states superior modern design etc? They are a bit pricey but so it breaking down!?

·
Registered
2003 Honda XL650V Transalp
349 Posts
Have you enquired with Ignitech? I realise that my '03 650 is different with its single pick up and single CDI/ECM, but it is worth making the enquiry.
Mine is running as well as it did on the Honda original, with an improvement in fuel economy, up from about 16-16.5km/l to about 18km/l, though I don't know hotter that happened with about 190,000km on it and needing an engine rebuild.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
i have used the ones from ebay that cost about £50, which worked ok, but there are so many available it's really hard to tell. i think you just have to buy one, fit it, and if it doesn't work, send it back

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe they can boost power but would you notice that much? These seem to be for the 89 model, I’ve found some for the 87 on eBay (minus the kick stand kill switch). I’m only really looking for a spare incase of breakdown so maybe I’ll take a chance on the cheaper eBay kit. 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts