Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - I am trying to find the correct part number of my Carbs, I have an issue with a fuel leak from a previous repair to the bowl flange so on the look out for a new pair - I have seen a few on eBay but not confident as to how to identify the part number - mine has this on the body

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
Hi All - I am trying to find the correct part number of my Carbs, I have an issue with a fuel leak from a previous repair to the bowl flange so on the look out for a new pair - I have seen a few on eBay but not confident as to how to identify the part number - mine has this on the body View attachment 164811
Oh dear.
I'm pretty sure that all Alps use the same basic carb with only jetting/needle etc changes (probably emission based, later 600s & 650s had tps & 650s carb heaters.
I think a fuel shut off valve/diaphragm mounted on too.
Basically, any year carbs (as long as they are good!) should fit and work fine, with maybe tweaks (dyno) for your bike if required.
Probably cheaper & easier than sourcing & matching body numbers.

I have a few odds & ends of carbs if you need anything.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was hoping that but looking on eBay most carbs have this black bit on the side - mine dosent as I think it was an early bike

Not sure what the extra bit does ?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
Thats a tps (throttle position sensor) fitted to ~'96 bikes onwards. Leave it on or remove it (security screws) & just fits on a tang on the end of the butterfly shaft, you may even be able to sell the tps ;)

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts