Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Well I bought this to take on a big trip around UK this spring with a family member to ride her.... Alas plans have changed and since my retirement from my day job and HTMBO very uncertain future ( redundancy?)my 'fleet' is being culled/ changed:(
So this well known bit of kit is forsale
BUT
Mr HAT may well want her back;)

Since I have bought her

serviced
cleaned
bash plate changed/ painted silver
crashbars powdercoated white ( aquired taste?)
brand new tyres ( continental escapes)
head lamp guards ( nice blue clip off for night riding/ legality)
a few HRC & period 'decals' for the Paris Dakar look
New faux gold O ring chain

I have a brand new set of 'Allit' panniers undrilled/unfitted with fitting kit and liner bags bought for this bike in readiness for the trip:cool:
that may be avaible in the sale

I have culled the spares to pay for all the new stuff

so if you are interested PM me .....
or e mail

On SORN
MOT july 2011
about 10miles since the last MOT
basically I've been sorting 'Alice' as she's known since I purchased her
I toyed with selling My GSA....
Then changed my mind and will be staying on the dark side but can only keep one bike now:lol:

a few pics below and links to 'Alice's' history

The list of stuff done to this bike is 'documented' in a large folder with history/ bills from its PDI up to date/ last full service stamp at 43,000miles ( now on 46k)
loads and loads of new bits, the advert would be boring to read if I put it all here but click on the link below and have a read:thumbup:

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/sale-wanted/39062-rd04-ex-alan-h-boboneleg.html

sorry but she must go:(

but no rush and to the right person for the right price:thumbup:

£2200 ovno without luggage

the touring kit is negotiable

Magwa:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
OK I'll PM you via UKGSER

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well this bike is still for sale (just) as Mr HAT has stood down but Rob Mac (UKGSER) and Bluebird (UKGSER) are in the queue to buy
over to you really........

Somehow I don't think I shall need to put this bike on fleabay !

Its a sad sale but I'm reducing my fleet to........one bike
Camper van is up for sale,
I'm sorting my 'LANDY' which will be my 4 wheel transport and HTMBO has her city fiat 500.......
all change...Dooh

;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Magwa

If this had been on the market in October I would have bitten your proverbial hand off!

I always wanted an @, but settled for an 'Alp that appeared locally at the right price.

Looks like you are going to make someone very happy...

Joe

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Magwa

If this had been on the market in October I would have bitten your proverbial hand off!

I always wanted an @, but settled for an 'Alp that appeared locally at the right price.

Looks like you are going to make someone very happy...

Joe
Hi Joe & thanks

well as its all change in my world 'Alice' the AT needs a good home and I think with her provenance / history it won't take long

Cheers

Magwa

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bike is in Solihull West mids
BUT
Now reserved/ sold pending...............

I will update this thread if anything changes

Magwa

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
The new owner had better be intending to look after her otherwise the previous owner posse will come and get 'em ;)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so true :thumbup:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Sorry you have to let this one go Steve

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Me 2 but a decision had to be taken ......:(

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FAO all those PM's ( Colban, Tab, Bluebird,( UKGSER site)Mr Hat, Will ,Sprint ST ( Xrv site) and a few others

Bike SOLD pending usual

I will update and close this thread after conclusion of the deal

·
Registered
1 Posts
Steve,
My 1st post on here! Sorry I didn't make it up yesterday, I was in Aand E at 5 in the morning with kidney stones - ouch! I'm still in Hospital whilst they decide wether to wait,probe or cut. I will be up soonest (I want to see the Morris!)

Previous honourable owners need not fear, I understand that Alice must be improved each time before selling her on! I have a job for her here for 18 months and then she's off to live in Australia, going out in the same crate as my 1200 GSA to start the long ride back to the UK (my good friend in Aus shall be riding Alice back)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Steve,
My 1st post on here! Sorry I didn't make it up yesterday, I was in Aand E at 5 in the morning with kidney stones - ouch! I'm still in Hospital whilst they decide wether to wait,probe or cut. I will be up soonest (I want to see the Morris!)

Previous honourable owners need not fear, I understand that Alice must be improved each time before selling her on! I have a job for her here for 18 months and then she's off to live in Australia, going out in the same crate as my 1200 GSA to start the long ride back to the UK (my good friend in Aus shall be riding Alice back)
No problem Rob
You get 'fixed' first Alice is waiting for you clean as a whistle and keeping 'Matilda' the Morris company in the garage

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
No problem Rob
You get 'fixed' first Alice is waiting for you clean as a whistle and keeping 'Matilda' the Morris company in the garage

That is a little beauty.:thumbup:

Reactions: magwa
1 - 20 of 25 Posts