Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Followed this Forum for about a month. You guys could rebuild the World. Being a newbie Im hoping I can impose on anyone who has fitted a centre stand to a RD04 model. Ive got the stand partially fitted, but not 100% sure which way up the springs should be, and totally clueless as regards the grab rail. HELP.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have a 1994 RD07 the grab rail/lifting handle attaches to the nearside pillion footrest mounting bolts i presume yours will mount in the same place,hope that helps,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grab Rail 1991 RD04

Thanks mal, im heading in the right direction. Like you I stay in the sunny west coast of Scotland, Prestwick to be precise. Many thanks again.

·
vodka tester
476 Posts
if you are still struggling in the next few days post and i will pop out to the bike and do some pictures of the mounting and spring for the centre stand (mine's an RD03 so the same)

and the grab rail...(mind i have just removed that to get the givi wing rack to fit as you can use that as a handle)

Roy

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Welcome Pete!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hello Peter
Africa Twin's up here are few and far between, even in Glasgow i only occassionly see another one and it usualy belongs to a foreign tourist heading up the A82. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Grab rail.

Good old nightshift you canna whack it, a 20hr shift with 4hrs overtime. Roy thanks for the offer, got the centre stand fitted, boy does that make for one tall @. Still stuck with the grab rail. Mal got me on track. On my rest days now, so hopefully ill get it done. "With a little help from my friends".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts