Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Africa Twin for sale (maybe)...

1993 RD07. Imported from Germany in 2002, puchased by myself in Feb 2003 one previous UK owner. Speedo is in kph.

The good:
Touratech crash bars
Acerbis aluminium handguards + spoilers
Bar risers
Headlight protector
Corbin seat (needs re-covering)
Accesory power socket
Touratech tank bag and side bags
Solid rear racks + rear plate for strapping on a backpack/Ortleib bag
Touratech aluminium panier mounting kit (you'll need your own panniers)
Loob Man chain oiler
Lots of life in tyres
Good C&Sprockets
Pierburg fuel pump
K&N Air filter
Stainless exhaust
Tall screen
Recent new front discs, fr calipers completely rebuilt with new pistons, seals and pads plus new braided lines; only 500 k's use.
Spare throttle and clutch cables in situ
Recent service including: oil and filter change, new spark plugs, air filter clean, rear brake pads.
Really good condition for age and mileage - only shows 20k on clocks!
The best paint scheme!

The not quite as good:
120,000 k's
Smokes a bit
Only one heated grip works
Some corrosion spots
The worst paint scheme! (Theres a pic on the Beer Fridge Blog on garagenight.tv)

Despite the above you could set off for India tomorrow (your hands will be hot enough in the Baluchistan desert) and ideally I'd like to sell it to someone who plans on doing just this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, you can say it... it's the mileage isn't it. That's what's putting everyone off replying!

Come on, we all say these things go for ever and it's in pretty good condition. I'm going to transfer this to the For Sale section shortly (just waiting to get some pictures sorted) and will have it up at the Ace Cafe on Sunday for the overland meet if anyone wants to check it out.

I really don't want to sell it (for sentimental reasons as much as anything else) but I have 2 other bikes that don't get ridden enough so alas, the time has come ;-(

Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts