Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon everyone,

I've been meaning to refresh the rear end on my Alp since it's MOT last year brought up this advisory:

If i remember correctly this was refering to the dogbone(?) linkage, or possible the monoshock top linkage. The swingarm pivot bearings are fine but I was going to do those anyway if i'm taking the back apart.

This being the only Transalp I've ridden I'm not sure exactly what feels right when it comes to how it rides; for the most part the bike is lovely to ride, with my only squabble being that the rear seems to 'wobble' or 'sway' a fair amount. It's hard to explain, and I haven't seen anyone else make reference to it which makes me think It's just my bike. Basically If i wiggle my butt the whole rear of the bike wobbles left to right and seems worryingly disconencted from the rear wheel. This does not give me the most confidence, as at high speed it feels prone to tank slappers, and under hard leaning it sort of feels like the bike folds in half.

This cannot be normal, and has become the main reason for me to look into the rear linkage issue.

I should not that this has been an issue since I have had it, just before its last MOT.

Who doesn't like a beauty pic?? : )

So apart from the vauge question above, I though it also best to ask instead of buying a set off Wemoto where can I source the bearnings and accesories for the monoshock, linkage, and swingarm whilst I'm at it. Suprisingly the monoshock is performing fine for its age.

I've got a Dartmoor & Wales camping trip planned for the summer so want to get her freshened up for that.
If anyone made it down this far I'm also open to tyre recomendations since these ones are 7 years old. I'll be looking through the forums myself but always open to suggestions. Although I like the look of the tyres on there I rarely go offroad and would prefer more road grip.

Many Thanks,
Nathan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am having trouble sourcing a bearing kit for the rear linkage, and the top shock bearing. I'm in the UK but could import from Europe if anyone knows where I can find these parts. I would really appreciate it thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts