Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Very reluctant sale of my absolutely mint and umarked condition 1994 AT for sale. In original condition. I have added alloy choke guides( i still have the originals). Everything else as new.
She has only 9500 miles on the clock. Must be the most original and immaculate AT in the country.
I have all original paperwork including purchase reciept and all MOT,s. good enogh for a collection but she should be ridden. Just fitted tourance next tyres and new plugs. She is absoulutly as new.
I am asking top top book but she is worth it. £5995.
Call me on 07770 846983 if you want higher res pics or you have any questions.

Attachments

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Absolutely stunning.Good luck with the sale

·
Registered
27 Posts
Never known a forum with so many opinionated members ....
I thought the idea was if your interested in possibly buying / viewing then get in touch with the seller OR if your not then don't.
I didn't think it's been advertised with the intention that everyone who can't afford it has a good moan.
If you can't afford 6k then get a proper job

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
>Never known a forum with so many opinionated members
>If you can't afford 6k then get a proper job

Can anyone else see the irony in that post?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
If you can't afford 6k then get a proper job
This is definitely a comment from an opiniated member. :-D

I agree that this is not the place to comment on the asked price. Seller will see by himself if it doesn't get any attention in 3 months. But... Pretending that all it takes to buy an old bike at 6000 quids is "a proper job" is definitely a comment that needs to be "filtered" before being expressed... Somebody with a "proper job" will spend his money more wisely. In fact, wise people with a "proper job" are more value-conscient and know how to spend their money. And they will probably spend more at 11000 quids and get the much improved CRF1000.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Maybe it takes a "serious" ad to attract a "serious" buyer. Not one when the poster doesn't min if pictures are upside down and in very minimal number. We all know what an RD07 looks like from 6 feet away. Even a rotten bike can look good that way. The devil's in the details... At 6,000 quids, it requires a much more detailed ad. Perhaps the poster is only fishing and this ad deserves its faith... ;-)

·
Registered
376 Posts
What a beauty of a bike, good luck with the sale, but I think you may need to be very patient at that price. If someone is after a very low mileage, great condition one then they will pay the money.

As for all the other comments, a tad boring and pointless!

·
Registered
236 Posts
+1
Despite this being a For Sale thread I really appreciate the photos of this stunning bike as they are going
to help immeasurably with my own AT restoration. IMHO is would be difficult to restore a 94 AT to this condition
and stay under £6K all in.
Good luck with the sale Seller

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice looking bike and just about of age to import over here stateside.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I was with you until that point.

You're welcome to ask what you like, but £6k is overpriced.
(In 2015 I bought a restored 1995 for £2.5k. OK, not as nice as yours, but not £3.5k worse!)
Well chaps. Alot of interesting comments!
Just popped back in after some time abroad.
I am a little suprised at the tone of some of the comments, but its a free world and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
No the bike didnt sell and is still tucked up in a warm garage for the winter. I bought the bike for very close to I was asking. Fitted brand new tyres, choke guides and did a full service( that was fun). Intention was to keep but found myself financialy embarrassed for a short period last year.
I advertised the old girl quite clearly as top book(based on what I paid and what private and other dealers were asking. I was of course open to offers, though perhaps I should have stated that.
I am not an unwise person. I am a fully time served engineer and motorcyclist of forty years. Have owned more bikes than I can remeber and have enjoyed all of them. I would love to keep the old girl. I am amazed how well she handles. However just cant now afford to really own two bikes at a time.
I have no idea why my ipad uploads pics upside down. Does it all the time and its bloody annoying.
However I do think they show how clean and original the bike is. I did cleary state I would be happy to send more pics to anyone interested.
I think it is probably the best AT out there, it really is as new and IMHO the V twin is a delight and would always be nicer than a parallel twin. Build quality is pretty dam good compared to the GS's I have owned.
I am not chancing my arm or trying to rip anyone off. Its a genuine bike and yes I am asking alot of money for it. However I am still open to sensible offers as I think it should be ridden not just stuck in the garage.
Best to you all
Matt

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Best of luck mate, as you've stated you are open to offers but be prepared to be flamed by the forum 'know it all' soon ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts