Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(or) I wish I hadn't bothered but it had to be done lol
My original standard silencer has some small holes in it so I decided to remove it and patch it up.
It was a heck of a job trying to get it loose from the downpipe but it finally came away or so I thought.
It had only taken the collector outlet with it. To that end does anyone know the diameter of the outlet so that I can weld in a new piece taking into account the seal?
I could just put a slightly larger tube in so that I don't have to use a seal? Any comments?
The old piece is stuck inside so I'll have to destroy it to get it out or get another silencer.
The downpipes are actually in very good condition so worth replacing the outlet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actually the bit where the 2 downpipes go in to one (it's not a part on it's own) It's the front downpipe but I just want to know the dia of
the tube that kicks up at the rear on to which the silencer fits.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it's known as the "collector" in automotive circles or the "Y" piece. The outlet tube has come away and it's stuck inside the silencer.
All I need is the diameter so that I can insert a new piece of tube and weld it in.
I could just measure the silencer and put a larger dia tube in so that I don't have to use a seal but if I can get the original size it would help me decide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts