Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I have recently come into ownership of a 1996 Africa Twin.
Last run in 2007, it has sat garaged up ever since. Complete non-runner in need of a complete overhaul, although it is complete as the day it was last ridden. 42k miles.

Just wondering on a rough idea of value in its current state. I unfortunately haven't got the time or room to restore myself so looking to sell on as a restoration project.
File 16-01-2017, 20 29 35.jpg
Thanks,

James

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
How much did you pay? That's probably its current value.

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
467 Posts
When you say 'complete non-runner', what exactly do you mean as this could greatly dictate the value which could be from a few hundred pounds for a real basket case with seized engine and much corrosion to maybe twelve hundred pounds for one in fair order that needs several hundred pounds spent on it to get it going & looking well. A really nice, late one with almost twice the miles sold not so long ago for around £1800 so that may give an idea of your one's value. Maybe put it to auction on eBay would be best? Or breaking it for spares may well give a better return if you can be bothered to do all the advertising & posting etc..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bike is as it was found in the garage. So there is a bit of surface corrosion, the front brakes have seized up. Haven't attempted to fire it up yet.
Thanks for the suggestions. Perhaps, as you say, an eBay auction would be best.

Cheers,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts