Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm in the process of rebuilding both front and rear wheels on my 1998 RD08, problem is I've only got the 88-89 manual.

According to this manual the front wheel offset is given as 22.25mm from the disk to the rim, this is probably ok for my '98 as nothing much changed from the RD02 model on the front wheel, does anyone have the updated specs for the rear wheel offset for the disk brake rear hub?

I'm kicking myself as I didn't measure the offset prior to cutting the spokes. Duuh. Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just measured my RD08 rear wheel offsets for you . . .
On the brake disc side: From the outer edge of the wheel rim to the inside of the swingarm it's 58mm
On the sprocket side: From the outer edge of the wheel rim to inside edge of swingarm it's 75mm
Please bear in mind these measurements are taken from a fully assembled rear end, so you'll have to factor the widths of brake caliper, spacers, etc.
You can download a copy of the workshop manual from: http://www.chromogram.com/Honda_NX650_Service_manual_add.pdf
Hope this helps.
Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
philippo thanks very much for your help, really appreciate it.

If you get a chance....could you run a straight edge across the rear wheel right side rim (brake disc side) and take a measurement to the outer face of the brake disk, that's the measurement I need to start lacing the spokes with precise datum points.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thinking about it, once I get it laced I can put the wheel back in on the pin shaft and finish the trueing in situ until it gets to your measurements, i'll post a vid on YouTube.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Measured at various points around the rim:
From the outer circumference/edge of the rear wheel to the outside of the rear brake disc is between 27mm and 31mm.
Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot for your help with that, at least I have a good idea of where to start with the initial offset. I've got the front wheel spot on now so once I've got the rear finished i'll laser it for tru against the front. I owe you a beer mate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts