Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
... in the 25th century
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was messing about with this about five years ago and then children started arriving and it's been in my way ever since. It's got to go and was hoping I could get some advice on its worth.

I rebuilt everything and anything worn or could wear out I replaced. I certainly can't remember everything I done but do have quite a few thousand pounds worth of receipts I haven't burned. The main parts, or at least what I can remember are:

Frame and forks powder coated.
New Hagon rear shock.
Rebuilt front forks with progressive springs.
New spokes and rims from Hagon.
New Anakke II tyres (5 years ago).
All bearings, oil seals, Cam chains, main journals, clutch plates, piston rings etc. renewed.
Full stainless Arrow exhaust system.
Dynojet upgrade to the Carburettors.
Solid state fuel pump upgrade.
Buono carbon Kevlar rally fairing at the front and tail piece.
LED indicators.
KOSO instrument display.
Odyssey battery.
Refurbished seat.
All brake master cylinders, slave cylinders, seals replaced.
Goodrich braided brake pipes.
New paint job and decals.
Other bits and pieces like Rugged Roads chain guard etc.
New chain and sprockets.
Stainless steel engine bolts.
K&N air filter.

I think that's the bulk of it. It needs a bit of fettling and fine tuning but on the most part it's good to go. I did MOT it at the end of August, beginning of September at a motorcycle restoration company and they were very impressed. I done it as a project before I had kids but have only done about 400-500 miles on it and not likely to use it as I have another bike I use when I get time to ride.

I'd be interested to know what you guys think it might be worth.

IMG_3986.jpg
IMG_3987.jpg
IMG_3985.jpg
IMG_3769.jpg
IMG_3988.jpg

·
... in the 25th century
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New brake pads and discs as well.
It does have the belly pan but no mirrors.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If i'd have seen this earlier I would have made an offer Iv'e spent a fortune doing a similar conversion but already have most of the parts now. Just out of interest are those decals on the tank/faring or are they sprayed on?

·
... in the 25th century
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If i'd have seen this earlier I would have made an offer Iv'e spent a fortune doing a similar conversion but already have most of the parts now. Just out of interest are those decals on the tank/faring or are they sprayed on?
The bike was sprayed white with the blue and red sprayed as well. Only the black writing are decals.

I know what you mean about costing a fortune! Good luck with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts