Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day I am unfortunately not a Varadero owner but ride a AT. I am trying to assist a friend on a Varadero. His Problem is as follows. He uses around 1,5 L of oil for every 1000km he does. He does not over ref or burn the bike. Valve stem seals or rings?
Also is there a online workshop manual available?
All help will be greatly appreciated.Regards.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
That's a hefty oil use, I would ask first is it synthetic or semi? Synth tends to burn a bit more, perhaps try changing to semi and see if it's still as bad. I'd say probably rings rather than valves. I've not heard of the engine having a thirst for oil?
There are plenty of electronic copies out there, I bought a cd version from Ebay years ago.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
It would be best if you bought a copy from your friendly Honda dealer, it would supply more info than any you could hope to get elsewhere.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Good day I am unfortunately not a Varadero owner but ride a AT. I am trying to assist a friend on a Varadero. His Problem is as follows. He uses around 1,5 L of oil for every 1000km he does. He does not over ref or burn the bike. Valve stem seals or rings?
Also is there a online workshop manual available?
All help will be greatly appreciated.Regards.
hi I have. 99 varadero and have done 1,500km since I bought it in December. Sofar I have used no oil to talk of. The temperature hereis in the low since finger centigrade. The bike has done 81,500km

I am not knowledgable about the why and what's for your problems but thought it might help you compare.

Regards
Gary

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is this any help

Loudpedal

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dont you get different coloured exhaust smoke from ring and valves i seem to remember! worth checking out! try this for a manual i think there is a Vara on ther---

1 - 7 of 7 Posts