Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought this bike off a friend but have decided it's just not for me. He had spent a small fortune on it getting it to what it is now. I would say that the only thing that lets it down slightly is a few marks on the frame.

I preferred my ktm 950 adventure and regret selling that.

Work which has been done to the bike.

Excel rims /stainless spokes /blasted hubs new bearings
Ohlins rear suspension with remote preload ( serviced 2k miles ago)
Beono Rally fairing / lights ect
Koso rx 2n clocks
Koso voltmeter
Oxford adventure heated grips
USB & 12v outlet
Vision x auxiliary lights
Pro taper bars
Rox risers
Acerbis hand guards
Fork Service /bushes/seals
Fork intiminators ( valves from the US)
New genuine front discs
Facet fuel pump
Mosfet rec/regulator
Electrex heavy duty stator
New clutch inc hd springs
2nd rad fan with dash switch & twin guards
Remus rear can
Rugged roads crash bars/luggage plate/right hand Rally stand/chain guard/wheel alignment snails.
Touratech pannier rails/gear lever/seat.
Rear Rally mudguard led
Rear number plate led light
Led indicators
Zen fuse board
Rebuilt calipers/pistons.
Goodrich stainless hoses.

Bike rides absolutely faultless and is very comfortable but I just haven't gelled with it like the ktm.

I'm on the look out for a 950 super enduro or will just sell the bike.

Thanks Phil

Bike is located in West Sussex

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What price?
Open to sensible offers. Not stafford motorcycles price. As yet i Haven't advertised it anywhere else, as would like an enthusiast to have the bike. Not really sure I can deal with the tyre kickers eBay seems to attract.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fair enough that's up to you, I was thinking about putting it up for £3995 but wasn't 100% sure that's why I asked for offers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
38k miles on the bike. Sorry forgot to put that on the original post.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
well sorted bike a great deal there for someone all the gear on it and the time put into it makes it fantastic value for money I think the only area that could do with attention I think if I had it plus the price of a nice bike to spend on it is the paint an old Paris Dakar replica job would be totally ace or if were mine I would do it matte black and spend the cool paint job money on a Suzuki dr 350 :thumbright:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great looking bike. Recently lost my RD04 when some fool overtook into my lane causing a head on!

When the insurance money comes in and my knee is fixed so I can ride again, this is what I’ll be looking for. Don’t worry though, wouldn’t ask you to save it for me!

Hope it doesn’t sell and I’ll be in touch later, (only kidding, good luck with the sale, reckon it’s fairly price at £4K ish).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great looking bike. Recently lost my RD04 when some fool overtook into my lane causing a head on!

When the insurance money comes in and my knee is fixed so I can ride again, this is what I’ll be looking for. Don’t worry though, wouldn’t ask you to save it for me!

Hope it doesn’t sell and I’ll be in touch later, (only kidding, good luck with the sale, reckon it’s fairly price at £4K ish).
Thanks for your comments, hope you have a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Is this priced too high ?
No but it doesn't look standard and I personally think anyone wanting an AT will want to start with an original looker so everyone knows they have an AT

To those of us who already have one but don't have £4k kicking around to invest it's a lovely desirable AT at a great price!

:thumbright:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is this priced too high ?

It's worth what someone will pay for it. You're asking for what you think it's worth and that's a difficult call because it's very non standard. Judging by the parts cost it would seem to be a reasonable price. The trouble with "specials" is that they have limited appeal and generally are only special to the builder. You may have to wait a while for the right buyer and negotiate (downwards in my experience!!) Good luck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts