Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi wise people, would someone be able to tell me the size of the outlet pipe when going to a 2 into 1 system and how that impacts on performance from the original system. I see 2 into 1 pipe adapter with muffler like GPR advertise but no mention of merged pipe size. Wouldn't going from 2 30mm pipes with 2 mufflers to the same with one pipe and one muffler be more restrictive on an engine this size?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi, There's a GPR single muffler exhaust on my dommie. I've just measured it for you . . .
The pipe into the muffler is 50mm (external diameter) if the standard twin pipes are 30mm in diameter, then the cross sectional area (using pi r squared when r is 15mm) works out thus: 706 x 2 = 1412
With the GPR pipe (using pi R squared, when r is 25mm) = 1963
Also, the standard end cans contain a series of restrictive baffle chambers, the GPR end can is relatively unrestricted.
So, I reckon the GPR setup should flow significantly more than the standard twin pipes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply philippo, I'm not big on math or the science of exhaust extraction, but that cleared it up for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts