Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last April I bought my 700 Transalp and immediately started to make plans for a long trip to Budapest, Hungary. However a couple of mates let me know that they also would like to go and not being bikers we went in my campervan. It turned out to be a great trip and really good fun. The itch didnt go away though, and so this year Ive been thinking once again of going on the bike. Also after getting curious about the GPS co ordinates on the Transalp body work and finding out where exactly 44.19'24.53"N x 6.48'22.33E 2802m is, it got me thinking about getting the bike to that same location. Anyway I thought "bugger it", why not do it all in one trip? So, if all goes to plan, I'll be off on a 3000 mile round trip sometime in August. Im allowing 2 weeks for the ride, stopping off in Budapest for 2-3 days. The only country on the trip that Ive not been to before is Slovenia. The bike has only done around 12500 miles and of coarse I'll get it serviced before the off. Think I will also get one of those gel seat covers to help against the old numb bum.
Any tips etc would be most welcome. Think I will mostly camp but not adverse to a comfy night in a motel:)
Thanks for any imput/encouragement or w.h.y.

Nick.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Last April I bought my 700 Transalp and immediately started to make plans for a long trip to Budapest, Hungary. However a couple of mates let me know that they also would like to go and not being bikers we went in my campervan. It turned out to be a great trip and really good fun. The itch didnt go away though, and so this year Ive been thinking once again of going on the bike. Also after getting curious about the GPS co ordinates on the Transalp body work and finding out where exactly 44.19'24.53"N x 6.48'22.33E 2802m is, it got me thinking about getting the bike to that same location. Anyway I thought "bugger it", why not do it all in one trip? So, if all goes to plan, I'll be off on a 3000 mile round trip sometime in August. Im allowing 2 weeks for the ride, stopping off in Budapest for 2-3 days. The only country on the trip that Ive not been to before is Slovenia. The bike has only done around 12500 miles and of coarse I'll get it serviced before the off. Think I will also get one of those gel seat covers to help against the old numb bum.
Any tips etc would be most welcome. Think I will mostly camp but not adverse to a comfy night in a motel:)
Thanks for any imput/encouragement or w.h.y.

Nick.
LOVE THIS IDEA! Well done you. Ive been to Col de la Bonette (the coordinates on your Alp) on my VFR, its truly stunning. If you get there via Col de l'Iseran, Lac du Mont Cenis and the D64, that is a real experience. But a word of caution; its a long way and you will need to book accom so you can make the most of this bit without worrying about where you're sleeping. Get a pension and enjoy that shower and beer after earning serious pub bragging rights :D:D:D

Very best o' luck, please let us all know how it goes + lots of pix :thumbright:

Col_du_la_bonette_highres.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts