Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on renting a bike in Corsica for a few days, with probably around 3 days of 2-up touring.

It appears I can get a Yam 660 for a LOT less money than a vstrom (which I know is dead comfy 2-up, cos I've got one) or NC700X.

Without me posting pics of the missus' ras, can anyone offer an opinion as to the efficacy of the 660 for 2-up riding?:rolleyes:

/td

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I assume you're on about the New Model Al. The Rear looks a long way up to me, and i understand can get uncomfortably Hot due to the Cat.
ABR is probably a better place for an answer :thumbup:.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
RetroPhrenologist
329 Posts
Ah Corse… dreaming of the day I can get back over there, with the @. Which bits are you visiting Al? Be a wonderful country to tour on a bike, just be careful on them narrow mountain roads (+ keep an eye on the news..). Pic of our favourite restaurant –
B13.jpg
Sant Antonino Restaurant | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Most important lingo – ‘Pietra, Grande, s’il vous plait’

Can’t comment on the XT though, I’m afraid… Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
We will be there in about 3 weeks time on a 660 each. :).

I would say a 660r would be compact for two up but if no luggage then probably fine for a few shortish days. The Z though is physically bigger and I have seen lots of people doing big tours with pillions, hard luggage and fully loaded rear carriers. Engine/ power wise you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts