Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It isn't much of a ride report, but I just like that I got up to go for the train and saw the blue sky and thought "sod it" and rode to York for the weekend instead.

Who knew that the M1 and A1(M) are different and that if you try really hard to get on one you end up on the other? Who knew there is quite a pretty link road between, so you don't really mind once you realise that that sign you have been waiting for isn't going to appear?

York was fine - sunny, good company, wouldn't offer eggs florentine for love nor money, slow boat ride (very boring it turns out, even when standing up and steering with your big toe) and good ice cream.

And then I got to ride back. Yeah :toothy8:. Blue sky again, with fantastic bursts of light occasionally; a flock of geese in formation overhead; blossoming trees by the roadside giving up their blooms to provide a flurry of petals to ride through; bikers waving because you share a secret; the surprise of how quickly you slow down when you accidentally switch the engine off when fiddling with the throttle cable which seems to be sticking; the roar of delight when you unstick it and the bike feels light as a feather and takes flight; the amusement to find I just thought, "that was a bit slow" when I sailed round a corner at 70 (you have to have held your breath and closed your eyes while watching me shudder round corners in the past to understand why I now worship at the altar of Wing Commander Whealie); the pleasure of watching the light change and the golden tone colour everything as you squeeze every bit of light out of the day.

I loved Miss O today. My bike is the vehicle of wishful thinking.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Making me very jealous Doc, glad you had a blast.

Dc not so jealous, normally find I drink and eat loads at weddings, never been asked to clean their garage for them, hope you found something interesting or at least stayed upright.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Making me very jealous Doc, glad you had a blast.
I thought of you as I passed Buckden services - the starting place of a muddier adventure for Miss O.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I spent all day Saturday cleaning the house ready for TGLW's return from Singapore.

And most of Sunday cooking her dinner.

Must get out on the bike today as I need her for work tomorrow, so better so a few checks etc.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Sounds like a great weekend.
... wouldn't offer eggs florentine for love nor money, slow boat ride (very boring it turns out, even when standing up and steering with your big toe) and good ice cream...
That must mean something to somebody!

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Few words to describing a great weekend.

Once again, the journey was what made the weekend or atleast a big part of it.

I can promise you eggs florentine if you ever come south again young lady.

Nice one :thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
20 mins notice huh....they are usually the best rides.:D

No real plan...bike..keys...gone!!!.:D

Excellent.:thumb:.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can promise you eggs florentine if you ever come south again young lady.
That's lunch planned for Saturday then........:D

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
You know,

That is the great thing about having a bike as mode of transport/hobby.
Where I am, I can have my head down digging out last years weeds :confused:, look up and I can see right up the Firth towards the west coast.
I see the sun shining, and that's it -- I'm offski :D:D

Head towards the sun -- you can't go far wrong.:thumbup:

And if it changes --- turn back -- simples :D

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Loved the report, DL, and the ride sounds like just what having a bike should be all about. I'm looking forward to having the confidence (and licence :confused:) to take a ride like that at a moment's notice, but in the meantime I'm getting lots of practice in. Keep enjoying your bike and the sunshine :thumbup:.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts