Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Im building a bike from my 2000 AT and a 600v Transalp frame and wanted to know if anyone has managed to fit the petrol tank from an RDO7a onto a transalp. I think the frame on the transalp is wider so the tank sits higher??

Cheers Cam

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I had been toying with a Transalp tank on an Africa twin as I find the bulk of the AT tank a bit intimidating after the relatively slender TA.
As I have a 87 TA and a 91 RD04 the frames are similar as is the air filter system so the tanks may be interchangeable onto the frame but the fairings will probably be the major problem. I may have a check next winter when they are both off the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, you need an RD03 or RD04 Tank, RD07(a) will not fit easily. But maybe doable, never heard of this b4 though... If you want to see how we fitted an RD04 tank on our pd10 have a look at our blog if you like, there is a short timelspse....
Hi Im building a bike from my 2000 AT and a 600v Transalp frame and wanted to know if anyone has managed to fit the petrol tank from an RDO7a onto a transalp. I think the frame on the transalp is wider so the tank sits higher??

Cheers Cam
Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts