Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I took my Vigor out today, first time since lockdown. I noticed the transmission was a bit jerky in traffic, gently winding the trottle open after an overrun produces a clunk a bit like like a slack chain. When I got home I checked the free play in the chain and it was OK. Lifting the back wheel off the ground I put it into 1st gear and rocked the back wheel back and forth. The drive sprocket(out of the gearbox) was rotating about a chain links worth, with little play between it and the gearbox output splined shaft. If I did the same in higher gears the sprocket moved less. I am guessing the free play is in the clutch plate tongues, either in the outer carrier and/or the inner drive. The bike is old but low mileage. Without taking the clutch cover off to check (and then having to buy suitable gaskets and new oil and filter...etc) does the slack movement seem excessive? has anyone else had this problem? Is there any carburetter adjustment which might improve the low speed pick? any comments welcome
Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts