Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD - 2002 Africa Twin (RWB)

After being made redundant and going self-employed in March last year my faithful old RWB AT has done less than 100 miles (hence my long absence from this forum). So, rather than letting it sit any longer gathering dust, I feel it’s time it was found a new home.

I’ve owned the bike from new (8th August 2002) and have done 54k miles on it. The majority was doing a 70 daily commute but it’s also done some long trips in the UK including several National Rallies and a SaddleSore100 (11 miles in 21 hours) after which I was in a better state than my friend on his Pan European thanks the modified seat!

The bike was serviced by Abingdon Motorcycles while under warranty and has been fully serviced by myself ever since. The only failure I have had was the fuel pump which was replaced with a Facet electronic pump. It also had a new battery last year.

The bike is MOT’d until 18th August 2011 and taxed until the end of January 2011.

Condition wise it’s in reasonable shape for the amount of miles done; some pitting on the wheel rims and corrosion on the engine cases. It’s always been kept nice and cosy in the garage.

The tyres are Metzler Tourance and were fitted at 49.5k miles; still lots of wear left.

Accessories fitted (and included in the price) are:

Givi top box with LED brake/tail lights
Taller Powerbronze screen
Touratech headlamp protector
Touratech crash bars
Centre stand
Heated grips
Scottoiler with touring reservoir
Custom seat by Melvin Hunter
12v accessory sockets
43 tooth rear sprocket
Facet fuel pump
Stebel Horn
Progressive Fork Springs
Spare rear inner tube

If the asking price is met I’ll also throw in the pair of 32L Alpos aluminium panniers and mounting rails, and a number of spares including new 43 tooth rear sprocket and chain, a set of front brake pads and a spare rear inner tube. If not I’ll be selling them separately.

Asking price is £2,250

Please ask any questions etc via PM.

The bike is located in Abingdon

More pictures can be seen at...
Africa Twin - a set on Flickr

Steve

·
Registered
362 Posts
Looks like a bargain.
If I hadn't already comitted to "something else" I may have been tempted myself. Good Luck with the sale.:thumbup:

·
Registered
417 Posts
An AT is my next bike but i dont think err indoors would be very happy with me buying one now because ive just bought a new Vara and an Alp in the last few months. Pity, it looks like a fine bike.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry Magik the bike has just gone to it's new owner. Hopefully it will now get used how it should be used - for adventures!

Steve

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I saw that small mistake too but would not lower myself to question an obvious co#k up .

But you on the other hand Mr Vader jumped strait in there once again ............TUT TUT TUT:D

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I saw that small mistake too but would not lower myself to question an obvious co#k up .

But you on the other hand Mr Vader jumped strait in there once again ............TUT TUT TUT:D
Of course
Its my job on this forum:toothy2::toothy2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts