Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
Don't worry too much, the only thing that has changed is the wiring (later bikes have hard wired headlights, Hazard lights and a few other mods). I emailed both Honda and Haynes when looking for a manual for mine and they both said that everything apart from the wiring diagrams are still relavent to later models.

In fact I think the 2003 was before the modified it slightly so it should be the same as the 2002 model anyway.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I think raven is dead right I have an 05 model with the new mods headlights on all the time hazard lights etc. I also have the manual and so far, the bulk of what is in there corresponds to the bike as it should. except as already pointed out, the wiring diagrams or rather the wiring 'diagram' as there is only one for the xl650 in my manual the rest seem to be mainly for the xrv750 as there seems to be loads ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both, Raven & Pale. But, there is always a but; can either of you be sure that the electric output (ie) was not modified? If you are right and only cosmetics did change, I can rely on the 2002 manual.

ps. paranoia is a quality, not a disease. :)

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
Thank you both, Raven & Pale. But, there is always a but; can either of you be sure that the electric output (ie) was not modified? If you are right and only cosmetics did change, I can rely on the 2002 manual.

ps. paranoia is a quality, not a disease. :)
Unfortunatly I cannot be 100% sure that the electrical output did not change, and with those electrical mods it may well have done. Wait for a reply from Piguglyshandydrinker, he may know. Sorry I can't be of more help :(

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
the newer models would have a higher electrical demand with the always-on headlight alone, add to this the increase in aftermarket accessories ie:- heated grips mp3 players, radio's and mobile phone comms devices, satnav etc...it would be reasonable to expect the charging systems to be uprated to facilitate these new developments but you would probably need to contact honda for alternator outputs for comparison between older and later models...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
the newer models would have a higher electrical demand with the always-on headlight alone, add to this the increase in aftermarket accessories ie:- heated grips mp3 players, radio's and mobile phone comms devices, satnav etc...it would be reasonable to expect the charging systems to be uprated to facilitate these new developments but you would probably need to contact honda for alternator outputs for comparison between older and later models...

WHAT and you think Honda would know :confused::confused::confused:

:D

Phil

·
Golam Rosewater
1,444 Posts
From 2004 onwards, hard wired headlight model (and hazard lights), the Alternator is rated at 368 watts at 5,000rpm.

I believe this is the same for the UK spec 2000-2003 models.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My bike is coming from Germany. year is 2003 (VIN: VTMRD11A03E111*** ). So, in this moment I don't know if it is a UK or else model. At least She should have 310W delivered by the generator.
But, I've given this example - generator output - just to show you that there may be slight differences between the models and to obtain (oh, this ugly interest again) info on my exact model. Hope no one will be bothered by my quest for knowledge :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts