Honda XRV Forum banner

2011 Welsh Invasion

7K views 43 replies 23 participants last post by  Dee Dub 
#1 ·
After a mildly moist ride down to Pembroke I went to get the food for the Bowel busting Chili and most of all sort Sharries Beer out in a stand in Fridge.
[/img]
Then out of the Gloom riders appeared. Pat and Loren , Craig, UkTiffy the the problem children from Up North

closely followed by other Europeans from from across the bridge

after an offending *** and refreshing drink off to the pub for some food and more beer most people walked or stumbled. But being resourceful we got Frad to call a taxi.
Sharrie and Kate discussing a game plan for teenage daughters :D:D:D

Len trying to help Russ to keep balance and composure on his bike and not falling off :thumbup:

Special one for those missing sole's Pig Ugly am Vanessa rummer has it Phil could not come because he bent down to pick up a penny from the floor of a toilet and twisted his back. Vader had an excuse he was trying you work nights in a Hospital Emergency unit and Debs I'am not saying a word, Late night stop out.:D

XRV Car driver honest my bike is still in bits 2 years and counting.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: 2011 Welsh Invaision

Vader Gordon is still waiting for you.

after a late start we headed out Some went on a round about, off road U turn ride with Mike. Whilst others took up the gauntlet and came with me North across the bridge Little Haven, Broad haven, New gale, Solva, St Davids the smallest city in UK. there Sharrie and Jean told me to buy them coffee and the the children wanted chocolates also. So after elevenses we headed up to Porth Gain, The Sloop inn for luncheon.

another one for Phil and Vader.:teeth::teeth:

Off then to Strumble Head to look for Seals and Tuna friendly Dolphins

could not find the swimmy type seals so hudders kicked Len in the Plumbs and made him look and sound like one.

#3 ·

Unable to find Dolphins or Seal we headed back PaulS and Sharrie went the direct GPS way back to Pembroke the rest of us carried on North to Fish Guard then Gwaen Valley for a spirited ride back, about 20 miles further than Paul and Sharries route and we arrived 5 minutes after them. I had my new GSA out for a spin. It was so powerful I was towing Frad and Hudders most of the way on their little Honda's.

In the evening we managed to find some beached whales tho.

The evening was entertaining and every one had seats, Barftone wishing he had brought the Bike, Barftone also tried selling he new book 101 ways to make excuses why he is in the car.:toothy10::toothy10:

Does my hair look greasy???????? you W####r.

The old Guard, See if you can see Vader hiding behind the sofa :D

Three wise men

And the Ugly Duckling

I'am cold, Is my hair greasy???

Thanks to every one who came this weekend I had a great time, Veggy Chilli rules.

Disclaimer
As we had to try and not offend the other guests by not smoking out side their door and drinking Alcohol, I thought I might say if I have offended any one, Tough.:D I never let the truth affect a good story.

#4 ·

Pembroke is in Wet Wales. That's not a typo. I know it is also in West Wales and I know when I load my photos they will all be of the lovely sunny Saturday, but it rained the whole way there and pretty much the whole way home.

We're in, with towels on the floor to mop up the litres of water pouring from our bike gear. Going to lie in front of the telly for a bit.

Big thanks to Mom and Sharrie for organising it and cooking everything. Full report when my fingers start working again.

#5 · (Edited)

A few of mine.

Needless to say we had the ride from hell to get there. I think everybody arrived in a fairly soggy state.

Len said Jean was a secret tippler, it's all a bit much for UKtiffy

Rare sight, Craig drinking tea and not speaking

Too much for Pat, Fish wonders what the hell he's let himself in for.

Austin asserting himself, with the car driver trying to take a piccie

Saturday dawned dry and bright and a request was made to go back to see the chapel in the cliff. Ok I said I know where that is. Off we went. Unfortunately the roads got narrower and narrower and the green slimy bit in the middle got wider and wider. Craig said on one occasion you couldn't have got his a**e off the seat with a block of C4.So we duly arrived.........................................at the wrong place! It was quite pretty though.

Man taking photo

Chris threatening to jump if I went back down the slimy road

Quick consultation with Austin and a look at a map and off we went again. We got to a road junction and my sat nav stopped working, Austin rode up pointed and said it's up there. We decided after 400m of off roading that perhaps he's made a mistake. Then came the only U turn of the day and it wasn't my fault ( where's the smug smiley?) After a trip around a pretty chapel's car park smartar*e DDW says I know where it is, and he was right. we duly arrived at the place where the church was in a big hole.

Kate's got a new hi viz

Sea was rough

We then made our way to Saundersfoot for lunch. There was a technical U turn because I missed a turning and went around the block, but I'm fairly sure I got away with it. Oh and Craig decided to try and fall off again by riding up the middle of a flooded road. He didn't realise that the water was hiding a long, deep patch of mud,

After lunch we all made our way back to prepare for the chilli evening.

Chris doesn't realise there's an extra from Buffy sat behind him

Mmmm

Sharri trying hard to keep one bottled

Thanks to everyone for turning up in some of the worst weather I've ridden in, and for making it another great weekend.:thumbup::thumbright:

#7 ·

Fantastic weekend. MIke thanks for booking, Sharrie for cooking & J for the ride out (those new 1200 GS's can't go round corners) :D:D

Good to see everyone :thumb:

Shame there was some poor excuses for no shows, Working! & something to do with a bad back :grin:

#8 ·

its good to see you all had a great time , i spent most of the day yesterday laying under my van re-building the rear brakes:mad: in the pissing rain i would rather have been cold and wet with you lot:thumbup:

#11 ·

Cracking weekend, thanks to organisers, cookers and washerupers... you know who you are, made the weekend what it was, thank you :thumbleft:

We got lovely sun on the Saturday for the rideout so that was a bonus.

Yes i nearly came a cropper... twice!... if only Austin had a video mounted for the first one, would have been worth watching :D

Took a couple of wrong turns on the way home and just done 430 miles... absolutely knackerd... cuppa in hand and a bath waiting and thinking of the next one :thumbup:

#13 ·
********......just typed a big long reply and deleted it by mistake.

Thanks to all in the welsh gang for organising another brilliant weekend - well done on accommodation, food, ride-outs and general low level organisation. Top job.

We were lucky with the weather and never really got rained on properly for long. We got home today at about 4.30 after a long brunch break with our son in Aberystwyth. The ride home was excellent with quiet drying roads nearly all the way and most of the road works lifted too. We even saw Len zoom past on the Chester by pass while we getting petrol. It's 240miles for us so Craig's journey home is a real marathon.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·

Big thanks to the Welsh contingent for pampering us yet again and booking some nice weather for Saturday :happy3:

#15 ·

Thanks to all for a great week-end.
Especially to organisers and cooks.
Worth the distance to be there.

Got home after 6 and half hours, was enjoying it until the torential rain from Birmingham. I think it was Friday's rain waiting for me. So Gloves and boots back on the radiator and hot bath.

Forgot my camera so keep photos coming.

#17 ·

Thanks everyone for a fabulous weekend, even the wet weather going there and coming back couldn't ruin it (the sun on saturday more than made up for it) thanks go especially to those who organised it, Mike, J, Sharrie. I didn't take that many photos but here are a few i did.

St Davids
Sky Highland Ruins Rural area Building

Porth Gain

Vehicle Coast Sea Coastal and oceanic landforms Ocean

Porth Gain
Sea Water Coast Rock River

Strumble Head Lighthouse
Sky Promontory Sea Coast Lighthouse

Attachments

#20 ·

Well done to everyone who made it, i had to work but this is not an excuse and can be confirmed by Dave and Meesh.

By next year I will NOT have a job where I have to work on Sundays :mad:

#24 ·

A small group meeting at Severn View Services near the Severn Bridge.
Fish, UKTiffy, Meesh, Whealie, Wheals of Steel.

Gathering in the common room on Friday evening.

Barftone and Frad enjoy some quality time.

An evening in The Welshman's Arms.

"Who ordered some food but had it stolen by someone else in the group?"

#25 ·

Top weekend guys and gals :thumbright: Thank you to the organisers nd especially the cooks ;)

Had a great time and thanks J for the top ride out on Saturday thats the part of Wales I've been wanting to see for a long time well the first half of the ride, second was a bit of a blur as all I could do on the return to PD was to stop running in the back of you, I'm sure the only mod on the new GSA is the brake light is brighter :thumbup::D

Top time and great company as ever thanks all ;)

Great ride home too cheers NWP:thumbleft:

#26 ·

Saturday, bright and sunny.
That's called "a dab".

J: "Right, you lot, line up there."

UKTiffy learns what it means to line up.

Mike's group head for Stackpole Quay.

Up onto the headland to look towards Greenala Point.

Then on the St Govin's Chapel near the Castlemartin Firing Range.

The sea crashing onto Long Matthew Point.

Whealie seldom NOT working.

Two mighty Varaderos alongside Anne's Transalp.

WinXPMaster's bike alongside DatsunFan's bike.

Sunday, and a brief stop at the Mumbles for coffee on the way home.

#30 ·
Yeah but one of them was a wrong turn from hell... it was one of them that as soon as i made the error i could not correct it as i was on a 1-way slip road heading back the way i had come... and it said turn in 9 miles, 9 fekkin miles! back down the road i just came in wind and heavy rain, to come 9 miles back and try again... oh i was gutted!

All part of the adventure though :)

#28 ·

Was the Welshman's Arms a comedy pub? I fully expect to see some XRVers in Cameo Roles in a Gavin & Stacey special. The Landlady must surely be the character on which Neesa was based. And when they handed over Austin's ******* to J and then had to tell Austin they had run out, I was waiting for Bryn to come and try to sort it all out. I've never seen a pub make such a mess of ordering and serving food. There must surely have been Candid Cameras everywhere?

Austin has taken over the U-turn mantle from Mom. He was so decisive when he rode up to the left of Mom aggressively waving his arm leftwards and riding on as if we were mad to delay. Within 20 yards we had run out of road and and were ankle deep in puddles. In another 500 yards we had reached a dead end.

Saturday was simply beautiful - even the run at 7.30 - but the weather literally put the dampers on the journey there and back. DW tried bravely to take us on a magical mystery tour but there were times when - just 400 yards ahead I couldn't even see him - and he had his lights on and was wearing a bright orange hi-vis jacket.

I can't believe how knackered I am this evening. The concentration involved in riding two up with luggage in torrential rain has wiped me out.

#29 ·

:DIts not true I had Austin's *******. I pinched Mikes *******, It would have been Mike who would have pinched Austin's *******. But they were not proper ******* there was no fingers in them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.