Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

When Vader & Co visited in Belgium, I apparently volunteered to put together the XRV Ardennes Offensive.

I'd like to set this up for 2011 (giving me some time to scout locations & whatnot). The idea is to do this over a long weekend in late April, early May.

Arrive in the Ardennes (I suggest "La Roche-En-Ardennes", quite central, and great historical value as well) early Friday and leave Sunday afternoon.

With the early train from Calais, we can get to the Ardennes around midday. Setup at the campsite and have a little ride around. Spend the evening tasting Belgian beer, then have the whole day Saturday to tool around the Ardennes (with enough time to prepare, I should be able to find some greenlaning opportunities as well).

XRV Brekkie Sunday morning, and everyone makes it to the train with time to spare...

My license plate should come in this week giving me ample time to "research" the trip (especially the local beer).

Any comments/suggestions, let me know! Also, let me know if you're interested so I have an early estimate to negotiate group rates for the campsite.

Best,

JB

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Count us in:thumbup::hitler::D

Hold on,Ardennes/Panzer/GSA having a bit of a dejavu:rolleyes::hitler::rolleyes::hitler::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Late April/May time was the time for Piel Island which i hope will happen again:thumbup:

Oih Austin;););) nudge,nudge,wink,wink

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
La Roche-En-Ardennes is not far from Bitburg where they make good beer as well:thumbup:

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Late April/May time was the time for Piel Island which i hope will happen again:thumbup:

Oih Austin;););) nudge,nudge,wink,wink
Ok...

In that case, we need to look at different dates, but too early in the season we risk places being closed, June we interfere with TLD, and August gets too close to the National for a lot of people...

We could do early/mid April, in which case it's a matter of people having enough time off/budget to do both... Or we can do mid July, when the Ardennes are crawling with tourists... The weather will be nicer though!

I'd love to get a whole bunch of us to the Ardennes and tool around!

:D:D

JB

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
I'm interested, subject to all the usual caveats.

Late enough that we stand less chance of rain, please!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Its a while off !!!! but hey why not , also saves crossing the water:D
Phil

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a while off !!!! but hey why not , also saves crossing the water:D
Phil
I'm going to the Ardennes for a weekend this year as well, and anyone is more than welcome to join, but I'm planning the proper XRV one for next year, so I can get some preparation in.

This year will probably be the 28th of August.

JB

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'm going to the Ardennes for a weekend this year as well, and anyone is more than welcome to join, but I'm planning the proper XRV one for next year, so I can get some preparation in.

This year will probably be the 28th of August.

JB
Nice one JB wouldn,t mind a look up that way, keep me posted:thumbup:might be able to talk a couple from round here into going aswell
Phil

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem,

First I have to service my brother and brother-in-law's bikes, then find a date where the "family" is all available. August 28th is the date we've settled on for now. When plans firm up I'll PM you :)

Best,

JB

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
:thumbright:
Phil

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
VADER playing himself,

J also will be attending

·
Registered
307 Posts
Is this going to link up with the Tuscany run or are the XRVers simply planning to cover Europe during every weekend of Spring/Summer 2011? This is making my anticipated unemployment/homelessness/general collapse of life next April seem like a marvellous opportunity.:blob2:

I was hoping for a late August jaunt Buggles so it is a possibility this year too. Had planned the weekend before but nothing is set. :D

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is this going to link up with the Tuscany run or are the XRVers simply planning to cover Europe during every weekend of Spring/Summer 2011? This is making my anticipated unemployment/homelessness/general collapse of life next April seem like a marvellous opportunity.:blob2:

I was hoping for a late August jaunt Buggles so it is a possibility this year too. Had planned the weekend before but nothing is set. :D
Hi Ros,

I was unaware of the Tuscany run, we could consider linking up, dropping into the Ardennes and going to Tuscany after, but that would be a bit of a detour for most.

I'll keep you posted on the August developments, would be great to get a bunch of people together and have some fun!

JB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts