Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've just mentioned the reasoning for paying a company to provide the Marquee in the To-Do thread.. reasoning was that lots of folk are happy to put a borrowed one up, but when it comes to Sunday, most have there own tent to take down and a fair distance to travel to home.

Not strictly necessary (unless it rains, which it probably will if we don't get one) as there is the club house, but a nice to have for after it closes.

I'm trying to get hold of Budget Marquees - Budget Marquees - Marquees for Parties, Shows and Events - for Sale and For Hire locally who are based in Great Yarmouth for a price as I guess this is the first stage of making the decision.

At an extra £2.50 per night, this would give us a budget of £125 / night for a marquee assuming 50 people show. I'll post back when I can get a cost.

FMI Charles, 18 Cliff Hill, Gorleston, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk NR31 6DQ 01493 300721

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
4x6 £199 3 windows..

1331315899.jpg

4x10 £265 5 windows..

2971650_orig.jpg

30% Deposit

Cheque or cash on delivery

Will put up and take down and prices are inclusive for the duration (all three night) :thumbup:

Edit: don't know how good my maths is but looks like we'll need to add on around an extra £2 per night to cover the cost of the larger one.

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I've not been keeping up with this and I'm off on holiday tomorrow so I can't actually help here. Just thinking out loud

Where will James' band be playing. If there is a function room / bar can we not use that.
If not then we need somewhere so the marquee is probably the right thing to do. You are correct about folk just sodding off but is it that much hassle for a couple of the locals to take it down? We do already have a marquee but I think it's at DaveS' place in Weston Super Mare so will need transporting to the national but I'm sure it could be made available now and there would be no great rush to get it back to him. If not already done need to think about power for lights and the band.

As for costs. It's going to be a bit of a nightmare as some folk will want to pay the campsite direct (only have a credit card or other such excuse) so how are you going to recoup the extra money for things like the marquee etc. I'll put money on some folk moaning that Aggie will be charging more than the earlier posted prices (and those displayed at campsite) and it may end up in a "who had the peas" type scenario.

Sorry no answers but plenty of questions
Cheers Boris, I've started a Poll to see how folk feel about paying and extra £2/night. If it's a no then I'll just bring a cheapo Gazibo i've got in the garage which is fine by me. James will be playing in the club house and I think this will be open until about 1am, not sure what the price of a pint is in there, come to think of it, i'm not sure what the price of a pint is these days full stop, £3? Either way I'm happy with drinking in the campfield then heading towards the bar later in the evening, then heading back to the gazibo (probably lit by a car battery, inverter and some low energy light bulbs) The campsite has asked that we collect the money and at this late stage without an eBay BIN, or shop it will probably have to be someone with a cash tin and carbon receipt pad taking the cash at the time.

There is the bar/clubhouse and it will be open until late, so perhaps we can get away without a Marquee. If the weather's fine after that people will be able to stand around their tents chatting and drinking more. There will be a campfire too. Maybe if we just had a few gazebo-type things, but even they are too big to bring on a bike.

But if it is peeing with rain we might have wished we had a marquee.
Tricky one, see what the outcome of the poll is and if you end up bringing your bike in a van..

Just to add, only just seen this thread, and because Whealie asked me over email, no we don't have a marquee any longer. I got rid of it a few years back as it never got used. Was used only once at dartmoor and when it was asked for at Ullapool it was going to be several hundred pounds to transport it.
However seems you have it sorted with a hire anyway which is much easier I would suggest.
Thanks for clarifying this Dave :thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Any Gazebos on the way or nearby I can pick them up on Wednesday.

Reactions: East Coast
1 - 4 of 4 Posts