Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
  1. Confirm with Broad Farm
  2. Sort Out How we're going to take payment, £7.50 or £10 / night per tent?
  3. Do we need to consider insurance
  4. Fire Pit
  5. Alternative Accommodation - Caravans
  6. Info sheets where the local stuff is or just post on forum
  7. Rideouts
Confirm with Broad Farm - I assume they know we are coming especially considering James has arranged to play there with his band on Saturday night. Just crossed my mind when reflecting on that guy suggesting he 'pencil us in'

Sort Out How we're going to take payment, £7.50 or £10 / night per tent? - Aggy happy to do the collecting on site. She's happy to keep a register of who's paid and issue receipts using a carbon copy receipt pad.

Do we need to consider insurance, i'm sure this has been addressed before but as long as neither of us are personally responsible for anything that could happen!

Fire Pit - I should be able to get this there.

Alternative Accommodation - Caravans (maybe this needs a thread, if no takers then at least we have offered it as an option)

Info sheets where the local stuff is or just post on forum if not enough time.

Rideouts - See seperate thread.

Anything overlooked?

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Generator, Chris did you say you had one? Maybe i'm thinking of a hook up lead. We could rig up some lights under a Gazibo as a focal point though I guess the bar will be put to good use a lot of the time. We did talk about running power above head height from one of the on-site sockets, I'm assuming this was for lights?

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more for tonight, Slow Race - that's a pretty big field and that would be great fun to watch / take part in - we could even have categories and prizes :thumbup:

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Marque?

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more for tonight, Slow Race - that's a pretty big field and that would be great fun to watch / take part in - we could even have categories and prizes :thumbup:
Checked with Paul, this is ok providing field not churned up.

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
  1. Confirm with Broad Farm
  2. Sort Out How we're going to take payment, £7.50 or £10 / night per tent?
  3. Do we need to consider insurance
  4. Fire Pit
  5. Alternative Accommodation - Caravans
  6. Info sheets where the local stuff is or just post on forum
  7. Rideouts
Confirm with Broad Farm - I assume they know we are coming especially considering James has arranged to play there with his band on Saturday night. Just crossed my mind when reflecting on that guy suggesting he 'pencil us in'

Sort Out How we're going to take payment, £7.50 or £10 / night per tent? - Aggy happy to do the collecting on site. She's happy to keep a register of who's paid and issue receipts using a carbon copy receipt pad.

Do we need to consider insurance, i'm sure this has been addressed before but as long as neither of us are personally responsible for anything that could happen!

Fire Pit - I should be able to get this there.

Alternative Accommodation - Caravans (maybe this needs a thread, if no takers then at least we have offered it as an option)

Info sheets where the local stuff is or just post on forum if not enough time.

Rideouts - See seperate thread.

Anything overlooked?
1. We are now confirmed and penned in at Broad Farm :thumbup:

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Sort Out How we're going to take payment, £7.50 or £10 / night per tent?
the thread in the open forum states £5 per person/night

Camping will be £5 a person per night. We will collect the money and pay the campsite.
might be worth sorting that and letting people know rather than just suddenly ask for a different amount

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the thread in the open forum states £5 per person/night

might be worth sorting that and letting people know rather than just suddenly ask for a different amount
Thanks for pointing this out Ian, I didn't realise Whealie had already advertised the price of the camping, we were looking at charging a little extra to cover the cost of having a Marquee brought to site and erected for the three days. I was planning to start a thread about this after speaking to Whealie earlier. Reasoning for paying a company to provide the Marquee was that lots of folk happy to put it up but when it comes to Sunday, most have there own tent to take down and a fair distance to travel to home.

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Further to above, can anoyone reading this with the ability to change the thread title please change it to 2012 National - To Do List..

Thank you :thumbup:

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Thanks for pointing this out Ian, I didn't realise Whealie had already advertised the price of the camping, we were looking at charging a little extra to cover the cost of having a Marquee brought to site and erected for the three days. I was planning to start a thread about this after speaking to Whealie earlier. Reasoning for paying a company to provide the Marquee was that lots of folk happy to put it up but when it comes to Sunday, most have there own tent to take down and a fair distance to travel to home.
makes sense, and I'm sure everyone will be OK with it but just best to let them know when you can.

you're spot on with the Marquee, no-one wants to help on the last day when they want to get packed up and on the road, usually falls to the locals to sort out.

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers Ian :thumbup:

Just another thought to add to the list here, is there sense in me creating a 'who's going' thread or adding the names to a list in Whealie's main public thread (editing the origional post perhaps)

Based on experience it's a good way to get folks comitting and also increases attendance when people see that such-and-such is going?

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just to add a comment about receiving / taking payment, Chris is going to have a word with Johnathan regarding the shop I believe :thumbup:, the other option I thought of is to list it (nights at the national) as a Buy-it-Now on ebay with the item number as booking reference (proof of payment).

Like I said earlier, Aggy is happy to collect on the day using a carbon receipt book.

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Sorry I've not been keeping up with this and I'm off on holiday tomorrow so I can't actually help here. Just thinking out loud

Where will James' band be playing. If there is a function room / bar can we not use that.
If not then we need somewhere so the marquee is probably the right thing to do. You are correct about folk just sodding off but is it that much hassle for a couple of the locals to take it down? We do already have a marquee but I think it's at DaveS' place in Weston Super Mare so will need transporting to the national but I'm sure it could be made available now and there would be no great rush to get it back to him. If not already done need to think about power for lights and the band.

As for costs. It's going to be a bit of a nightmare as some folk will want to pay the campsite direct (only have a credit card or other such excuse) so how are you going to recoup the extra money for things like the marquee etc. I'll put money on some folk moaning that Aggie will be charging more than the earlier posted prices (and those displayed at campsite) and it may end up in a "who had the peas" type scenario.

Sorry no answers but plenty of questions

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
There is the bar/clubhouse and it will be open until late, so perhaps we can get away without a Marquee. If the weather's fine after that people will be able to stand around their tents chatting and drinking more. There will be a campfire too. Maybe if we just had a few gazebo-type things, but even they are too big to bring on a bike.

But if it is peeing with rain we might have wished we had a marquee.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Just to add, only just seen this thread, and because Whealie asked me over email, no we don't have a marquee any longer. I got rid of it a few years back as it never got used. Was used only once at dartmoor and when it was asked for at Ullapool it was going to be several hundred pounds to transport it.
However seems you have it sorted with a hire anyway which is much easier I would suggest.

The XRV site doesn't have insurance any more. I'm afraid that was something else to go in the transfer of ownership. It was very expensive for what it was, nearly £300 if I recall and it was only used twice!
Suggest that you just steer clear from formally organising any rideouts.

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The XRV site doesn't have insurance any more. I'm afraid that was something else to go in the transfer of ownership. It was very expensive for what it was, nearly £300 if I recall and it was only used twice!
Suggest that you just steer clear from formally organising any rideouts.
Thanks for clarifying this Dave, something to consider when making arrangements and a good reason for keeping things informal :thumbup: Will you be coming along Dave? It would be good to see you there :thumbright:

I've quoted the post ref. Marquee above in the Marquee Thread - http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/national-organisers/82247-2012-national-marquee.html

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Will you be coming along Dave? It would be good to see you there :thumbright:
I don't know at the moment. I have the time off work, but I'm suffering with poor health again so not sure about travelling. We might trailer the bike up like last time so that I at least I'm there.

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know at the moment. I have the time off work, but I'm suffering with poor health again so not sure about travelling. We might trailer the bike up like last time so that I at least I'm there.
Hope the poor health isn't down to too much time in front of a computer screen which is often the case with me, perhaps some time in the outdoors would do you good :thumbleft: Whealie is bringing his bike in a van and I'll most likely trailer up depending arrangements and if I can chop up the firewood in time, there's plenty of space either way and it'd be good to see you there mate :thumbup:

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
P.S. Dave, any chance you give me a rough idea of number that attended the 2010 & 2011 National - off the top of your head? Cheers, Nick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts