Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What iconic images should we include and is there a suitable Norfolk phrase we can adopt?

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
I ent zackly sure the way tuh Norridge..

I remember the 'Rosedale Rumble' but can't remember what the Snowdonia slogan was, should a theme be continued if there is one perhaps?

Just had a look at some Norfolk phrases and dialect,

Maybe 'Narfolk Nonicking' (or Narfok, Norfick, Norfolk),

the Narfok Pingle or any of the words from here that creates a smile and actually mean something relevant..

Speaking the Norfolk dialect: Basic Level

Did like 'Norfolking Around' - never used unfortunately, but still makes me smile when spoken aloud, genius.

I'll keep thinking.

P.S. what number national is this? 5th?

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
I ent zackly sure the way tuh Norridge..

I remember the 'Rosedale Rumble' but can't remember what the Snowdonia slogan was, should a theme be continued if there is one perhaps?

Just had a look at some Norfolk phrases and dialect,

Maybe 'Narfolk Nonicking' (or Narfok, Norfick, Norfolk),

the Narfok Pingle or any of the words from here that creates a smile and actually mean something relevant..

Speaking the Norfolk dialect: Basic Level

Did like 'Norfolking Around' - never used unfortunately, but still makes me smile when spoken aloud, genius.

I'll keep thinking.

P.S. what number national is this? 5th?
Just while it came to mind... Bootiful..

XRV National
Bootiful

2012 XRV National
-Bootiful-

XRV
Norfolking About

XRV
Broads Roundup

XRV
Filby Frackle

XRV
Norfolk Muster

or any other spelling of Narfok

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bootiful.:D

I like that.

Any thoughts of images? NO sure how easy it is to do the Broads - unless we get one of those iconic sailing boats (what are they called?). We could maybe have a boat and a windmill in the background?

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I suppose you have turkeys, boats, windmills and people with six fingers (OK I made that one up)

then we have bikes, beer and Vader

There must be some mix of the above that isn't too offensive

Not mine just found it on the web

Turkey_on_Motor_Cycle_715559.jpg

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Something like that with knobbly tyres. More Chicken Run/Great Escape imagery, perhaps escaping the Bernard Matthews factory.

Out of interest, any idea why you can't see the pic in Tapatalk. Had to get back to my computer to see it.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not me. Message says: Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator. I also get ads all over that page (but must have been logged in to see this thread).

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Bootiful.:D

I like that.

Any thoughts of images? NO sure how easy it is to do the Broads - unless we get one of those iconic sailing boats (what are they called?). We could maybe have a boat and a windmill in the background?
I was thinking something similar, sun shining on meandering road leading to windmill or just the sail of a windmill . At the start of the road a tent and a fully loaded Africa Twin with the caption below 'Bootiful'. All but the text in outline.

I think the boat you are referring to could be a gaff or a skiff but no idea why that entered my head, are you thinking one of these..

9a8983ff8d952343c5a403a8399fbc21.jpg

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aren't they called Wherries? But I think that is the distinctive sail shape so yes, that image, plus this:

And a turkey on a bike would be enough.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Somebody with more artistic skill than me could surely knock up something like this:

Norfol-draft by whealie, on Flickr

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,009 Posts
That is a rubbish tortoise!

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Like it chap :)

Just had a quick fiddle, moving on your design and the caption 'Bootiful', how about this?

Proper XRV font or logo on the front maybe..

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll ask if anyone has any decent photoshop skills and can have a crack

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
I'll ask if anyone has any decent photoshop skills and can have a crack
Did you find anyone Chris? Have you asked Russell? He's done a splendid job in previous years :thumbup:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you find anyone Chris? Have you asked Russell? He's done a splendid job in previous years :thumbup:
He's been building a shed.

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
He's been building a shed.
Happens to the best of us sooner or later :) (building a shed)

There's is a chap called OB1 on the ATR forum who did the Safari sticker that i've still not seen yet, he may be up for giving it a go if you PM him through the ATR site..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts