Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Maybe larger 22lt tank, fly by wire throttle, new headlights, few other minor tweaks here and there......

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tubeless rims. Cruise control. HRC livery.
Ive never been fussed about CC, not sure why the bike was criticised for this to begin with. Tubeless rims? Yes please!

Hope heated grips now work and the screen is adjustable, but it doesn't seem like it on that image. Not long to find out :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Self-cancelling indicators on DCT - even less to think about:toothy8:
My 10 year old F800GS has them

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I think that those who want cruise control need a free back-rest and forward pegs mounted on the crash bars........

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I never needed a cruise control on any of my bikes. But hey, some people think it is essential. To me, it says they should add two wheels and a roof.

Lee

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think that those who want cruise control need a free back-rest and forward pegs mounted on the crash bars........
I never needed a cruise control on any of my bikes. But hey, some people think it is essential. To me, it says they should add two wheels and a roof.

Lee
Bit petty to be sure.
Might be merited in the states.
Heated grips and a center stand make more sense.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hondanews.eu/eu/en/motorcycles/media/pressreleases/118570/2018-honda-crf1000l-africa-twin-adventure-sports

Press packs.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK my 2p worth......

• FbW Thottle - Not bothered, Ive never needed cruise control - I honestly dont understand why anyone wants it.
• LOVE the new RD03 / RD04 colour :D
• No adjustable screen? Really? Hello Honda have you NOT been listening?
• Do the heated grips actually work for £300+ extra?
• Same CRAP hand guards that actually make your hands colder in winter and vent the wind up your sleeves!
• New can? Err.... fair enough, but original can looked fine to me
• LOVE the new dash :)

Bit disappointed the ADV Sports Africa Twin looks identical - Wanted something more aggressive, lighter perhaps. Bigger tank means this is now ..... what? 245kgs wet? OMG :(

Be good to see it in the flesh at the NEC? :) :)

Oh, hang on STILL 95HP????? EH?????

·
Registered
237 Posts
Auto-cancelling indicators - great news
Hope this is can be retrofitted to previous models

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Not enough of a change for me to change, i see they have listened to some of their customers by fitting a bigger tank and stainless spokes, its a little taller not good for me and throttle by wire no thanks, its like its not the same as the old CRF on the Facebook page and its only two years old people need to get a grip :laughing5:
For me to have considered a trade in it would have to have had a significant power increase tubeless wheels the bigger tank and no height increase so looks like my 2016 is here to stay for a while

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wicked ,you can sit on it not in it ,just like my Rd07! very similar profile. Much nicer looking bike .A center stand would be good though.
I believe Less is more and if Honda did everything that everyone wanted they wouldnt have anything new for next year. Engine is powerful enough so if you want more buy a KTM. Well done Honda Im Interested...

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I didn't say i wanted more power i agree there is enough for me now, i just made a list of changes that would make me think of changing my bike for the latest model, as it is i would be changing it for the same as what i have now so no point. And why the hell would i trade in a Honda for a KTM i'd like to say it will never happen :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
It looks wider in the overhead pic.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts