Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ridden for years
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's such a shame that I might not consider a bike because of its 23 inch front tyre.
Yes Bridgestone make a trail wing, but they are awful in the wet.
Have I missed something? Does anyone make a sticky 23 inch!?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
did you buy a big wheel bagger 23 is like out of date man you need a 26 rim . how many watt speakers you running . oh sorry man wrong forum I got mixed up what you thinking about an xl 250 /500 ? they are lovely I wouldn't let a tyre put me off .

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Chin Shen are the only ones I could find. They were knobblies for an xl250s. Like Alias says, if it's an xl you're after, don't let the wheel size put you off. They're great in rutted ground and the bike really is a classic; simple, reliable, tough and huge fun; riding it makes me feel 19 again and reminds me what the essence of biking is all about. Go for it.:thumbup:

·
Ridden for years
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had an XL600 for a while and yes I was looking at another XL.
But, yes 23 inch is putting me off. I do a lot of on road riding and found the front very scary in the rain; cannot recall what tyre it was. I'm used to the slight vague feeling you get with a tiny yet big front wheel, ridden a few XRs, but the 23 in the wet just ruined the ride, feeling apprehensive all the time. Now, if Metzeler made the Tourance in 23 inch............... XL sales would soar!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts