Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we can't go and do our trip to the USA we decided to invade a bit of Europe. Again :hitler::toothy10:

The whole trip will be camping (cost ;)) and self catering

Leave Saturday the 24th early in the morning and make our way down to Vichy. That's about 450ish miles from Calais. I know it's a bit of a long ride but at least we are than in the area where our trip starts proper

Vichy
Vichy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From than on just scenic routes.
Places we would like to visit on the trip will be

Ardeche river and gorge
Col de isere
Col de petit saint Bernard
Mont Blanco tunnel
Lago Maggiore
Lake Como
Stelvio
St. Leonardo in Passiria
Zell am See
Berchtesgaden (need to check up some family property on a little hill)
Schloss Neu Schwanstein
Dachau Camp
Castle/Romantic route to Rothenburg
Bamberg
Mainz
and back home straight to the national

Everyone is welcome to join us for the whole trip or parts. Only the first and the last day will be long riding days. The rest I hope to do no more than 200 miles a day. All of the above places are obviously subject to the usual. Time/weather/money or hangover

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Sounds a grand trip there Pete, I can't attend as I'm looking at going to Spain in July & a trip to Germany with Mrs & Miss Stubbs later on in 2013, thanks for the offer mate & Happy New Year to you & Debs

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a little pre view have a look at the D906 from Vichy down to Villefort and across to Vallon Pont-d'Arc on Google earth. Wow I had a look last night and it just looks stunning

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Myself and Fiona may make this one mate, just need to sort out a bit more leave! Leave it with us and we'll get back to you on this one mate!
Deffo interested!

·
Registered
352 Posts
avoid the mount blanc tunnel and ride over the top.....much nicer:thumbup:

·
Geriatric Teenager
101 Posts
Pete,
Will be traveling home August 26th from North West Italy. Would love to join you at Lake Maggiore/Lake Come/Stelvio for the ride home. Will you be anywhere near any of the above at that time?
Bimbler(Paul)

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
You do realise the National is on 5-8th September? Attendance is mandatory for you and Debs !!

Or has the date moved

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You do realise the National is on 5-8th September? Attendance is mandatory for you and Debs !!

Or has the date moved
As per first post. Finish at the national :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pete,
Will be traveling home August 26th from North West Italy. Would love to join you at Lake Maggiore/Lake Come/Stelvio for the ride home. Will you be anywhere near any of the above at that time?
Bimbler(Paul)
I recon that could work. Not exactly sure as I don't have a laptop at the mo but I think if at all we only will be a day out or so :blob5:
I keep you posted ;)

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ok lets see if i can link my google maps :rolleyes:
SS13 1RT, UK to Vichy, France - Google Maps

(if someone knows how to convert this into the proper pic with the map could you please change it for me.Cheers)

That would be the first days ride.I know its a bit of a long one but hey we are hardcore bikers

Ok the rest of the maps are just a our route ,not day trips but the whole route just to give people some idea where we would like to go

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sadd..._lH0ldQ&dirflg=h&via=7,12,16,18,19,23&t=h&z=7

tried to shorten the URL but it wouldnt let me

The second part

Silandro South Tyrol, Italy to Mainz, Germany - Google Maps

and home

Mainz, Germany to SS13 1RT, UK - Google Maps

So what you think?

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Pete spot on. you should be an advert for SAMSUNG phones. Constructing the Blitzkreigg tour on your phone.

what sort of milage.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pete spot on. you should be an advert for SAMSUNG phones. Constructing the Blitzkreigg tour on your phone.

what sort of milage.
As it is on the maps at the mo it's about 2650 or so.
That would be the first day doing 500 odd miles and the last day doing 460 miles. That would leave about 1600 miles in 10ish days

1 - 13 of 13 Posts